House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game_Over

What To Do On May The 5Th

In the council elections on May 5th we only have a choice of voting for one of the three main parties.

As recent events have shown that voting for any of these parties is a complete waste of time Mrs Game Over and myself were discussing how to spoil our ballot papers.

In the end Mrs GO came up with the idea of putting 1, 2 and 3 in each of the boxes.

As we will be voting 'No' in the AV referendum this appealed to my sense of humour and might also cause some confusion when our votes are 'counted'

Anyone have any better ideas?

:blink:

In the council elections on May 5th we only have a choice of voting for one of the three main parties.

As recent events have shown that voting for any of these parties is a complete waste of time Mrs Game Over and myself were discussing how to spoil our ballot papers.

In the end Mrs GO came up with the idea of putting 1, 2 and 3 in each of the boxes.

As we will be voting 'No' in the AV referendum this appealed to my sense of humour and might also cause some confusion when our votes are 'counted'

Vote Conservative.

Vote Conservative.

I voted Conseravtive at the last election and what I got was Nu Labour lite.

The last Conservative government this country will ever have was elected in 1979.

Anyone got any sensible suggestions?

I voted Conseravtive at the last election and what I got was Nu Labour lite.

The last Conservative government this country will ever have was elected in 1979.

Anyone got any sensible suggestions?

I know what you're getting at. I thought for a fair while about spoiling my ballot paper at the last General Election until I realised it would make no difference. Most people simply stay away these days. If the whole country spoiled its ballot papers so there was no real outcome the politicians would find a way to set up a coalition Government.

We will get a Conservative government when all of the money has gone and the ability to pretend it hasn't has also gone. Bit like the 1970s.

Personally, I think this coalition will fail about a year before the next General Election anyway.

I know what you're getting at. I thought for a fair while about spoiling my ballot paper at the last General Election until I realised it would make no difference. Most people simply stay away these days. If the whole country spoiled its ballot papers so there was no real outcome the politicians would find a way to set up a coalition Government.

We will get a Conservative government when all of the money has gone and the ability to pretend it hasn't has also gone. Bit like the 1970s.

Personally, I think this coalition will fail about a year before the next General Election anyway.

I agree that we will probably only get another Conseravtive government when the whole thing has crashed and burned.

One thing I have learned in the last few years is just how long really big social changes take.

The fall out from the crash will probably not fully unwind for 5-15 years.

I know that's a big range, but I really don't how long the Euro can hang on and what will happen when it fails.

I agree that we will probably only get another Conseravtive government when the whole thing has crashed and burned.

One thing I have learned in the last few years is just how long really big social changes take.

The fall out from the crash will probably not fully unwind for 5-15 years.

I know that's a big range, but I really don't how long the Euro can hang on and what will happen when it fails.

Personally, I don't think we're anywhere near the "end" of the crash (just the first wave gone so far) and I think the Euro will last much longer than sterling does.

The "crash" should, in theory, open peoples' eyes - I think this is the nearest people (in general) have got to finding out how the monetary odds are stacked against them.

However I suspect that what continued "austerity" will bring - and it hasn't even started yet - is a landslide back to Even Newer Labour, even with Milliband.

A few years of that, then we might get a Conservative government. Timescale perhaps 6 years?

That would be speeded up by the demise of the coalition, we'd get Even Newer Labour, even earlier.

Really? We have several Independents standing. Unfortunately, reading their junkmail leaves me none the wiser.

Yes. I'm singing for a funeral on the 5th.

and I think the Euro will last much longer than sterling does.

Sterling has survived longer than the Hymn Jerusalem and will still be there at the coming of Armageddon. The Euro is a kind of funny money invented by economic incompetents who need a lesson in simple economic arithmetic. ;)

My vote will go to Bruce Banner the man the country needs, at least he is not a Sixth Former wet behind the ears. :D

In the case of the AV Referendum a simple yes or no suffices. :rolleyes:

I blame Nick Clegg for this outrage.