House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DonnieDarker

If One Company Of Your Choice Could Go Bust Who Would It Be?

I'd really, really love to see Deloitte & Touche do an Andersen.

During the last recession, they kicked me out during my graduate training contract for no good reason other than to save my crummy £9K salary - I'd passed my exams and my performance was fine. This was in 1992 when it was hard enough to get a graduate job in the first place, and even harder after being 'let go'.

I will never forgive or forget. Gits.

Allsports.

I recently bought a golf club off them for £3 and it snapped the first time I hit a ball with it.

:lol:

PulpFiction has the best signature I have ever seen on this site!

Edited by DonnieDarker

During the last recession, they kicked me out during my graduate training contract for no good reason other than to save my crummy £9K salary - I'd passed my exams and my performance was fine. This was in 1992 when it was hard enough to get a graduate job in the first place, and even harder after being 'let go'.

Good one.

For very similar reasons I should want EMI and EMAP to do down.

I had to go for about 4 interviews for the 1st for a graduate scheme that never existed!

A similar thing happened at the 2nd one.

And why?

My choice:

Foxtons. (obvious one but I hate the ****ers)

RBS or HSBC. It would rock the financial world and bring about untold calamity. I would find it amusing to watch, and look forward to the new age of sensible finance.

I would love HP to go bust.

I worked for Hp for 4 years ,my hubby worked for Compaq for 7 years on a 6 month rolling contract on a really good wage. Hp & Compaq merged & hubby was kicked out with one months notice. My Hp manager was then kicked out & replaced with a compaq manager who was a bully & totally usless. :angry:

Now if you'd said one sector.

Easy for me.

If only, worldwide, all arms companies could go bust.

Don't anyone bother bringing up the "they often develop new technologies" stuff. We'd have to try without them.

Or "people will fight with sticks and stones". I know that.

Ernst & Young and/or Dixons

And why?

My choice:

Foxtons. (obvious one but I hate the ****ers)

NCP

Why?

1. I hate the bastards

2. Just had to fork out this morning for a renewal of my parking permit - ended up loosing it with some snotty NCP cow, in 'The Parking Shop' who claimed that NCP dont make any money!

3. Their attitude stinks and they're evil. Heard their Chairmain on radio other month coming out with some NuLabour-esque comment about 'no-one has a right to park their car', and how 'kerb space is about to become a valuable commodity market that NCP will engage with'

4. At least where I live [Lewes, East Sussex] people have a healthy disregard for them, and several effigies of NCP traffic wardens were burnt in the town centre on bonfire night, and numersous parking meters destroyed by fireworks :D

I've already had mine - seeing the Gadget Shop collapse brought joy to my heart!

But surely, a mere gadget shop cannot be so bad, you say? Oh god yes. It was the perfect encapsulation of everything that is wrong with consumerism. It sold cheaply manufactured plastic electronic tat that cost 'just enough' that when someone (who doesn't know you well enough to get you something you might actually want or like) buys it they don't feel stingy. Despite the fact said item probably cost about £1 to make, and had around 4 seconds entertainment value - tops. I had boxes littered with the rubbish they sold which got an obligatory visual display of playing with at christmas, then was consigned to the box of "can't throw it away it was a present" until I found my patience with the accumulating crud expired and I cast it into the bin. It was a tat merchant, selling tat to people who lacked the imagination to seek out something worthy as a gift, to burden their poor victims with plastic crap that should never have been made. I'm glad the finite resources of the planet were devoted to making these valueless items.

Grr.

It's dead now. :D

The Dixons Group. I don't know how they survived the last couple of recessions but unfortunately I suspect they'll survive this one too. Failing that Microsoft would do nicely. Another unrealistic expectation I suspect though.

Edited by greencat

I would love HP to go bust.

I worked for Hp for 4 years ,my hubby worked for Compaq for 7 years on a 6 month rolling contract on a really good wage. Hp & Compaq merged & hubby was kicked out with one months notice. My Hp manager was then kicked out & replaced with a compaq manager who was a bully & totally usless. :angry:

Did someone say "bully" ? :blink::huh::lol::o:unsure:B)

That's an easy one - all banks, largely responsible for the mess we are in due to tearing up and throwing out the window any previous lending regulations they ever used.

For crimes against the environment in constantly sending me loan and credit card applications in the post, how many trees are lost for this useless purpose alone?

Also for increasing credit card limits on those cards that people spend the most on i.e. the most vulnerable to debt. The only credit card that I use, to stooze got a wacking £2000 limit increase as I approached the limit without asking. In the past it would have been a phone call and an enquiry as to whether you realised you were near your limit and would you like an increase.

Modern banks are an absolute evil.

You have put on the spot here because I have a long list of financial services companies that I would dearly love to see go belly up. But if I have to choose one I would opt for Allied Dunbar.

PulpFiction has the best signature I have ever seen on this site!

Yep clever and well thought out –where did you steal it, as you’re that clever?

I suppose the windows version would be slightly shorter

10 BUY HOUSE

20 CRASH

Guest Bart of Darkness

Ocean Finance and similar companies (at least then we'd be spared their endless advertising on TV).

Ambulance chasing "compensation culture" companies (ditto their TV ads).

Personally as much as I find several companies & business areas disgusting in terms of their policies and attittudes, I wouldn't really want to see any of them go bump because of the likely effect on the people who have the misfortune to work for them.

But then again if they chose to go work for them in the first place, maybe they deserve it. :P