House Price Crash Forum

What Is The Weather Is All About !?

ccc

HOLA441

That's been close to 3 weeks of warm sunny blue skies in Jockland. By the look of the longer term forecast we may have at least another week to go.

Wetter

I cannot remember the last time sunny Jockland had a month of nice weather. Bring it on. When the weather is like this there are few places on the planet that can match the UK.

I took advantage and biked from Callander to Killin and back again this weekend (46 miles return). Superb. Mostly on off road tracks and highly recommended to any cyclists out there. Stunning.

Lochearn.jpg

post-9648-0-81039600-1304226665_thumb.jpg

HOLA442

That's been close to 3 weeks of warm sunny blue skies in Jockland. By the look of the longer term forecast we may have at least another week to go.

Careful going outside! You may lose your blue tinge! :huh:

HOLA443

Wetter

I cannot remember the last time sunny Jockland had a month of nice weather. Bring it on. When the weather is like this there are few places on the planet that can match the UK.

I took advantage and biked from Callander to Killin and back again this weekend (46 miles return). Superb. Mostly on off road tracks and highly recommended to any cyclists out there. Stunning.

Enjoy. It may be the summer.:unsure:

P.S. Ever noticed how most of Callander is owned by the Edinburgh Woollen Mills?:ph34r:

HOLA444

I know the old railway station at Lochearnhead is owned by Herts Scouts having spent the wettest two weeks during school summer holidays there one year.

Nice part of the country :) although I doubt Scouts today could do some of the stuff we used to do like abseiling face first on a single rope down a nearby viaduct, Health & Safety would have a field day today with things like that. ;)

Strange how much fun it was - endangering our lives at an early age! I vividly remember, aged 15, narrowly missing the edge of a precipice while skiiing at, I think, Glenshee. Bliss! I never felt so ALIVE!:D

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Careful going outside! You may lose your blue tinge! :huh:

I am positively pink these days !! The classic Jock suntan. :D

Enjoy. It may be the summer.:unsure:

P.S. Ever noticed how most of Callander is owned by the Edinburgh Woollen Mills?:ph34r:

Just drove through it so didn't noticed. Rather a lot of posh English about though !

I know the old railway station at Lochearnhead is owned by Herts Scouts having spent the wettest two weeks during school summer holidays there one year.

Nice part of the country :) although I doubt Scouts today could do some of the stuff we used to do like abseiling face first on a single rope down a nearby viaduct, Health & Safety would have a field day today with things like that. ;)

That pic from above is looking down on Lochearnhead. Stunning place. Well when the weather is nice and you can actually see it.

HOLA449

Converselt midwest USA had its dullest, wettest, near coldest april on record.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-04-27/news/ct-talk-gloomy-april-0428-20110427_1_measurable-rain-nasty-weather-forecast

So far this month, the Chicago area has only seen 31 percent of possible sunshine, said Frank Wachowski, a weather observer for the National Weather Service who does work for the Tribune Co. The most sunless April on record was in 1953, when the city saw just 34 percent of possible sunshine

HOLA4410

Converselt midwest USA had its dullest, wettest, near coldest april on record.

http://articles.chic...eather-forecast

So far this month, the Chicago area has only seen 31 percent of possible sunshine, said Frank Wachowski, a weather observer for the National Weather Service who does work for the Tribune Co. The most sunless April on record was in 1953, when the city saw just 34 percent of possible sunshine

Bu66er! We Scots have pinched the US's sunshine! Shock! Horror!:blink:

Archived