House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

Royal Wedding Audience - Lies, Lies, And More Lies

Just picked up on this - an ex BBC journo has been trying to get them to alter 'impossible' number. Propaganda.

This is the journo - actually, think he is still BBC - http://www.intellectuk.org/future-of-digital-entertainment-2011-speakers/6836

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/04/26/sincere-good-wishes-to-wills-and-kate-but-a-2bn-tv-audience-garbage-only-the-olympic-games-and-the-world-cup-are-truly-global-events-and-only-half-as-big-as-that-at-best-260406/

This is what Nick wrote on Twitter:

Attempts to stop BBC reporting 2bn global tv aud have failed. As ex-media corr I know it can't be true. Colleagues won't listen #bbcwedding

He also admits to reading out the figure on air, before realising it was a blatant lie.

This was nice too - inform the police of your intention to peacefully protest - get arrested: http://www.cambridge...st-29042011.htm

theres Number of Television Sets: 5,200,000 in south africa, with a population of 40 million, they estimate 15 million watched it just under half teh population.

oh by the way it cost our economy £6 billion.

the figures dont mean live.

it means 2 billion people will have seen all or part of the event.

if you see a 5 minute clip on a news channel youve seen the event.

Well they said that Pipa Middleton wowed on Global Stage , so it must be good.

According to...

Will remember that when they give the viewing figs for the next FA Cup. If I see a couple of goals on the evening news bulletin, I've watched the match ;-D

Like we had a choice!! Even today the news is infested with a damn thing. This was about the best and most honest report I've seen so far...

Everyone goes mental for strangers' wedding

Still the Sheeple need something to occupy themselves with while their wealth is being stolen by the banksters.

theres Number of Television Sets: 5,200,000 in south africa, with a population of 40 million, they estimate 15 million watched it just under half teh population.

oh by the way it cost our economy £6 billion.

Do you have a breakdown of the costs? I'd be interested to see them just out of curiosity.

More or Less Podcast:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010mwbt

'This week we present a cornucopia of wedding-related numbers, including:

Why we predict a jump in the number of weddings next year (hint: it will have nothing to do with the Royal Wedding)

Can we know how many people watched the Royal Wedding (probably not)...'

What matters is what goes on on main news bulletins though! That's where they've been spreading this lie I suspect.

This was nice too - inform the police of your intention to peacefully protest - get arrested: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Activist-arrested-ahead-of-Royal-Wedding-protest-29042011.htm

Honestly.. what kind of ***** wants to turn up at someone's wedding and start protesting?

You don't have to love the royal family or have anything to do with the event.. but protesting? Slightly bad taste. You'd have to have a MASSIVE chip on your shoulder to even consider it! :rolleyes:

Honestly.. what kind of ***** wants to turn up at someone's wedding and start protesting?

You don't have to love the royal family or have anything to do with the event.. but protesting? Slightly bad taste. You'd have to have a MASSIVE chip on your shoulder to even consider it! :rolleyes:

Perhaps they objected to the propagandising surrounding it ;-). Seriously though, the police had every right to put them up a side street where nobody was watching them. That said, the democractic right to protest peacefully is sacrosanct.

Royal weddings are usually 'used' by politicians. Of that there's little doubt. I always find the hordes of simpering peasants rather embarrassing too(I'm related to the queen, for my sins).

Agreed but to put him on a conspiracy charge is just wrong.

Only in a totalitarian police state!

Agreed but to put him on a conspiracy charge is just wrong.

Only in a totalitarian police state!

I believe you can get a life sentence for it.

Was it the fancy dress? Journalists now circulating this lovely clip

PS. This is chilling. Couldn't they just've confiscated the flag and guitar!

I believe you can get a life sentence for it.

Agreed.. that would be ridiculous. In fact it would be silly to charge him with anything now it's all over.

As for the 2 bn figure.. I could believe it. Only 1/3rd of the world population.. and it has been on every news channel world wide!

Some BBC chappie was shown interviewing people in town whilst the wedding was in progress and asking people why they WEREN'T watching the wedding. I was hoping someone would tell him to mind his own fulkking business. Most intelligent comment was.....I wish them well but why should I be interested in the marriage of two complete strangers? Why indeed. Union Jack bowler hats, yawping and screaming, mass hysteria, waving their stupid flags - personally, I find it difficult to conceal my contempt for the infantile behaviour, much as I actually like the couple. I suppose that makes me curmudgeonly and unpatriotic. I can expect the knock at the door, no doubt.

Was it the fancy dress? Journalists now circulating this lovely clip

PS. This is chilling. Couldn't they just've confiscated the flag and guitar!

I kid you not. I saw one of these guys with a megaphone on the Central Line at about 9.30am on Friday. Everyone in the carriage was giving him a sideways look. He got out at Tottenham Court Road and as he stepped off the tube I said to him, 'Don't do it. You'll get arrested.'

If you look at the high-def photo of the Mall on the BBC website you will see 28 police officers armed with machine guns over a 200m stretch of the procession route. It's impossible to count the number of regular police but I'd guess at about 200 over the same distance. If you look at the roof of Admiralty Arch at the end of the Mall you can see the police snipers. This was a huge security operation which was also providing protection for many foreign heads of state. There is no end to the list of the mad and the bad who would try to commit some kind of outrage. They don't need to be unwittingly assisted by attention-seeking idiots trying to waste police time and resources.

Exactly two years ago today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uGa23kzuhk

I am a frequent critic of police tactics and the suppression of peaceful protest but not in this case. These 'protesters' didn't even know what they were protesting about. Pointless. Take away the tissue-thin veneer of a political agenda and all you've got is a few bored teenagers looking to cause trouble.

Haha, don't the Rugby World Cup organisers claim 2 billion global audience using the same statistical technique. In fact they usually announce the viewing figures in advance which is clever marketing if you need to sell advertising and get sponsors involved. But the royal wedding organisers didn't need to do that.

Just picked up on this - an ex BBC journo has been trying to get them to alter 'impossible' number. Propaganda.

This is the journo - actually, think he is still BBC - http://www.intellectuk.org/future-of-digital-entertainment-2011-speakers/6836

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/04/26/sincere-good-wishes-to-wills-and-kate-but-a-2bn-tv-audience-garbage-only-the-olympic-games-and-the-world-cup-are-truly-global-events-and-only-half-as-big-as-that-at-best-260406/

This is what Nick wrote on Twitter:

Attempts to stop BBC reporting 2bn global tv aud have failed. As ex-media corr I know it can't be true. Colleagues won't listen #bbcwedding

He also admits to reading out the figure on air, before realising it was a blatant lie.

Perhaps hard to know what the figure is - but much more interesting IMO is the motivation behind putting out those numbers. I suspect it's aimed at those who see the monarchy as a symbol of the inequalities that pose an obstacle to the development of a meritocratic state.

The recent and partially successful efforts of popular uprisings in the middle east against soveriegn and other dictatorships may be an alarm bell - ringing to jump start a new patriotic media driven fervour that supports the aristocracy and of course royalty in the manner to which they have become accustomed. Notice how the foreign office condemns Syria but at the same time issues an invite to the 'wedding' to Bahraini royalty - while both states are engaged in a brutal crackdown on their people. I am under no illusion - any popular uprising here would be similarly dealt with. The wedding was a very public event - a protest as long as it was peaceful should have been permitted - to cover it up or otherwise stifle it - is a very undemocratic attempt to manage public perception - to favour those in positions of power and influence - as exemplified by the monarchy.

Some BBC chappie was shown interviewing people in town whilst the wedding was in progress and asking people why they WEREN'T watching the wedding. I was hoping someone would tell him to mind his own fulkking business. Most intelligent comment was.....I wish them well but why should I be interested in the marriage of two complete strangers? Why indeed. Union Jack bowler hats, yawping and screaming, mass hysteria, waving their stupid flags - personally, I find it difficult to conceal my contempt for the infantile behaviour, much as I actually like the couple. I suppose that makes me curmudgeonly and unpatriotic. I can expect the knock at the door, no doubt.

Well put!