House Price Crash Forum
iLegallyBlonde

Wills And Kate Are Renters !

Once the LHA reforms kick in they're going to have to move further out from the centre of town.

Shame.

Once they have some kids they can get a bigger house , she is unemployed , if he gives up his job ( what is it he does ? ) they can get a whole raft of benefits. Maybe they would have been better off not getting married and just having kids , with Wills living in Kate's place on the quite.

The best bit: you and I are paying for it! :lol:

How so?

He will draw a wage from the RAF for flying the rescue choppers. As a single bloke he would have lived in the mess and will be expected to pay his mess bill, cost of accommodation and food will be deducted from his salary.

As a married bloke he has a choice, he can take a married unaccompanied posting and continue to live in the mess (rumpies not on tap)

Or

He can take a married accompanied posting where he will either be allocated a married quarter which he will pay rent on or can rent on the open market. (His choice) If there are no quarters available then a subsidy is granted towards rent but this is dependant on the time left in the posting.

He will be expected to underwrite the costs of his own accommodation. What will come from the public purse is the cost of and accommodating his (and hers now) police protection officers.

And when the feck did he become Will's'. Fecking media.

Glad everyone enjoyed the taxpayers sponsored wedding.

I did and so did every single friend or contact i have outside the UK I wonder how much it would cost to get that many people looking at an advert for the UK/London (1-2 billion+).

London looked lovely the people friendly etc etc which must be a + for tourism.

I enjoyed it a lot thankyou. Very moving. The highpoint? Balcony waving and the flypast by the Battle of Britain memorial squadron. Brought a tear to the eye.

Proud to be British, well Yorkshire first, then English and then British!

Money well spent, and peanuts compared to the money thrown at dodgy banking spivs and McDoom's failed economic policies.

And even better because Blair and Brown were not there. I hope they are getting the message loud and clear!

Edited by Sir John Steed

I did and so did every single friend or contact i have outside the UK I wonder how much it would cost to get that many people looking at an advert for the UK/London (1-2 billion+).

London looked lovely the people friendly etc etc which must be a + for tourism.

If you like it so much, you pay for it.

How so?

He will draw a wage from the RAF for flying the rescue choppers. As a single bloke he would have lived in the mess and will be expected to pay his mess bill, cost of accommodation and food will be deducted from his salary.

As a married bloke he has a choice, he can take a married unaccompanied posting and continue to live in the mess (rumpies not on tap)

Or

He can take a married accompanied posting where he will either be allocated a married quarter which he will pay rent on or can rent on the open market. (His choice) If there are no quarters available then a subsidy is granted towards rent but this is dependant on the time left in the posting.

He will be expected to underwrite the costs of his own accommodation. What will come from the public purse is the cost of and accommodating his (and hers now) police protection officers.

Good post but of course they will have their own security detachment, which will be paid for taxpayers (and rightly so)

650 pcm I've read.

Maybe he's negotiated a rent reduction? Previous reports said £750 pcm...

'Prince William and his bride to live in north Wales' [November 2010]:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8138350/Prince-William-and-his-bride-to-live-in-north-Wales.html

Prince William is understood to rent the cottage in Wales for £750 a month.

'UK house builder says it is cheaper for William and Kate to buy than rent' [April 2011]:

http://www.propertycommunity.com/property-in-the-uk/uk-house-builder-says-it-is-cheaper-for-william-and-kate-to-buy-than-rent.html

Prince William and Kate Middleton should buy a house in the West Midlands because it would cost them less per month than the rent on their marital home in North Wales, according to a leading local house builder.

The Royal Couple, who marry this Friday, will begin married life living in a cottage near the Prince’s RAF base in Anglesey which William reportedly rents for £750 a month.

David Wilson Mercia though has calculated that at current rates of interest William and Kate would pay less in monthly repayments on a mortgage of up to £145,000, enough for them to get on the housing ladder in the West Midlands.

The tongue-in-cheek comment from the local firm is designed to draw attention to a serious issue: the vast majority of newly wed twentysomethings in the same position. William reportedly earns an RAF salary of £37,000 while Kate was employed by her parents’ party planning business but has now stopped due to her impending marriage.

The Local Housing Allowance rate for one-bedroom accommodation in the North-West Wales BRMA is £282 pcm (£65 per week).

http://www.hbupdate.com/EnterPostcode.aspx

Who give a toss. They will never stop sucking the money from you, ever.

[edit - chop images]

Oooh, doesn't she look ugly! Thought she was much better-looking than that. And is that a bald patch he has, or just an unflattering photo?

Who is that small sprog with the beautiful sense of occasion?

Edited by porca misèria

FFS, how crass. Can't they just give it a rest?

Tell me about it. It's typical Kirsty Alsopp though - 'Move 153 miles away from where you want to be and have a 2 and three quarter hour commute (each way!) and you WILL be able to get on the ladder'

I remember her telling someone to give up his ALL his hobby's in order to be a debt slave. Live to work - Work to buy a house. Have no life outside of your mortgage payments. Die.

I'm all for cutting back to save for a house deposit, but without SOMETHING outside of mortgage payments, you may as well be 6 feet under.

Not going to comment on the Royals but the TV has been driving me mad on the very brief occasions I have tuned in.

Never have I heard so many patronising generalisations from so many normally respected presenters.

As for the comments from members of the public it's hard to know where to start.

One woman on Channel 4 News said that having a royal family was unique to England. England, not Britain or the Commonwealth. And what about the Dutch royal family to name just one of the many others around the globe.