House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seb197

The Royal Mint

Anyone buy from the Royal Mint?

http://www.royalmint.com/store/Collections/50COLL1.aspx#

I saw this and although the royal mint is not good value by any means I thought this would be quite a nice little item to buy. More for the enjoyment of awaiting every month for the next coin in the series. Could be a potential collectors item in the future maybe? Who knows.

On a side note, theRoyal coins are an awful likeness to William and Kate!!

And finally, why would I buy a 1 ounce brittania for £44.99 Plus postage from the royal mint when I could buy them for £41 on coininvestdirect.com? What are the benefits?

Anyone buy from the Royal Mint?

http://www.royalmint...s/50COLL1.aspx#

I saw this and although the royal mint is not good value by any means I thought this would be quite a nice little item to buy. More for the enjoyment of awaiting every month for the next coin in the series. Could be a potential collectors item in the future maybe? Who knows.

On a side note, the Royal coins are an awful likeness to William and Kate!!

And finally, why would I buy a 1 ounce brittania for £44.99 Plus postage from the royal mint when I could buy them for £41 on coininvestdirect.com? What are the benefits?

The Gold Premiums from the Royal Mint are high, but the presentation and collectability is also good.

With Chinese Pandas and Canadian Maples you are buying a good standard gold coin worth a bit more than the base metal, with the Royal Mint you'll get limited runs and pretty packaging etc.

It is a bit of a balancing act, that said, I haven't bought from the Mint for at least 3 years, as gold has shot up the mark up means you also end up paying more for the packaging, so not so good now.

Most of what I bought were the 1.3Oz 22C £5 gold proofs, and mostly I was paying around £750, they are worth a lot more than that now, though the trick is to do a private sale.

If you enjoy it, by all means purchase it. You can get a lot of pleasure from things like this.

If, however, you're just after silver stick to silver bullion coins (eagles, maples, philharmonicas, libertads etc).

I have a small holding of silver maples, philharmonicas and some bairds bars and bullion coins.

the olympic coins just for enjoyment like you say really :)

the olympic coins just for enjoyment like you say really :)

Relatively speaking, I guess.

But for absolute gold-bug enjoyment, try this:

ROYALWEDDING_KILO1.JPG

Yep, that does say "Kilo".

You'd pay ~ £30.5K for the same quantity of gold from Baird's, but this sells for £40K. On the other hand there are only 40 in circulation.

If you wanted to go for the ultimate juxtaposition of bad taste + money, buy one, drill it, stick a heavy 18 carat gold rope through it and wear it with open shirt around your neck! :D