House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Next Week's Data Fest

Many monthly indices and more are out next week - the knock on effect from all the bank holidays. Ones to look out for:

TUE

April Halifax (or some time this week)

April Hometrack (or some time this week)

WED

March Land Reg

April Nationwide

BoE Mortgage Numbers

THU

MPC IR Vote - Sentance's last and anticipated since it follows the positive quarterly GDP figures

The HP surveys should hopefully prvide an insight into the extent of the Spring Bouce and whether the early April deadline for the new 5% stamp duty has had an impact.

The HP surveys should hopefully prvide an insight into the extent of the Spring Bouce and whether the early April deadline for the new 5% stamp duty has had an impact.

I suspect we won't be clear on what impact it's had until May and June's figures are in. Anecdotally it seems people did bring their purchases forward to save on duty. This should mean that there will be a drop-off after that. Considering that sales of large houses, particularly in the south east and to cash buyers, have been skewing the national average figures for some time (lower quantities but average prices being kept up by the £1m+ house sales not dropping off), I wouldn't be surprised if the "removal" of these due to bringing them forward into April will see some tasty drops thereafter. One can hope.

I suspect we won't be clear on what impact it's had until May and June's figures are in. Anecdotally it seems people did bring their purchases forward to save on duty. This should mean that there will be a drop-off after that. Considering that sales of large houses, particularly in the south east and to cash buyers, have been skewing the national average figures for some time (lower quantities but average prices being kept up by the £1m+ house sales not dropping off), I wouldn't be surprised if the "removal" of these due to bringing them forward into April will see some tasty drops thereafter. One can hope.

Agreed. I'm just wondering whether we are going to see meaty %s up because of the rush to meet the deadline.