HOLA441
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

She appeared more confident than he. I have to admit to liking the low key style so far. Fun.

Flypasts often travel over my area, looking forward to that most!

I like the flypasts too. I'm a couple of miles from north Weald where a spitfire and hurricane are based so quite often see them take off for various fly pasts. Although they are not battle of Britain memorial ones so doubt I'll see any today.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

too right. If anyone's actually atennded/attending what was the real deal with security

Police Arrest 43 Along Royal Wedding Route

Last Updated 13:14 29/04/2011

Martin Brunt, crime correspondent

Police have invoked blanket stop-and-search powers around the area of the Royal Wedding as they monitored 70 protesters.

Suspected anarchists were apparently seen putting masks on in central London's Soho Square.

At least 43 people were arrested along the route where the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge later passed after their marriage ceremony, Sky sources have learned.

The alleged offences committed by those arrested included breach of the peace, drunk and disorderly, handling stolen goods and possession of an offensive weapon.

A 38-year-old man suspected of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl on The Mall was also among the arrests. 

It comes amid a huge £20m security operation, as police and the military faced the threat of terrorists, anarchists and stalkers.

A police source said they were happy with the day's developments.

"It's all gone to plan so far, it's fantastic," they said.

Sky sources earlier revealed 21 suspected anarchists had been banned from Westminster for the day's events.

Each of the 21 have been bailed by police, while three others arrested in raids on premises - mostly squats - in London, Sussex and Cambridgeshire, are still in custody.

A ring of steel was thrown around Westminster Abbey where thousands of well-wishers gathered to catch a glimpse of the happy couple.

Armed police and undercover squads of special forces mingled with the crowds to combat any attempt to disrupt the event.

Marksmen took up position on roofs along the ceremonial route as search teams and sniffer dogs carried out a final check of vulnerable locations.

More than 80 VIPs were given close-protection bodyguards.

Police insisted they had no intelligence of a specific terrorism threat, although the UK remains on the second-highest alert to an attack from al Qaeda and a substantial risk of a strike from dissident Irish republicans.

Scotland Yard had warned it would launch a pre-emptive strike against any suspected troublemakers.

A squatter caught up in one raid in South London said: "The idea that the anarchist community or squatting community is mobilising for the Royal Wedding is insane.

"I think the real motive for this is to lead an assault on the squatting community.

"It is political policing which is designed to be theatrical and which damages people's lives in the process."

MP John McDonnell urged the Home Office to explain the raids, branding them "a disproportionate use of force."

A secretive unit of police and psychiatrists, the Fixated Threat Assessment Centre, had identified and warned off several people with obsessions about members of the Royal Family.

Five thousand police were on duty, most of them stationed along the wedding route with others on stand-by to deal with any trouble on the fringes. They were joined by Army, Navy and Air Force personnel.

Scotland Yard assistant commissioner Lynne Owens said: "This is a day of celebration and there should be no place for disruption. But we are ready to deal quickly, robustly and decisively with any trouble."

Another senior officer said he hoped an unofficial army of "Royalist middle-Englanders" lining the route would deter any spontaneous protesters.

HOLA449

We're a sick lot in here :(

I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for the poor girl. She's lost her freedom.

Is that Freedom you talk about the Freedom the masses have ?

The Freedom to work all their lives in boring jobs , to pay high taxes on their earnings, to see their pay not keep up with prices, to worrie about keeping the roof over their heads , paying into a pension that might not pay out in 40 years, to cook/clean/launder everyday , to risk violence on the streets, to constantly jugle money , to know they are a few paypackets from disaster ,

Is that the Freedoms she has lost POOR GIRL.

HOLA4410

The Freedom to work all their lives in boring jobs , to pay high taxes on their earnings, to see their pay not keep up with prices, to worrie about keeping the roof over their heads , paying into a pension that might not pay out in 40 years, to cook/clean/launder everyday , to risk violence on the streets, to constantly jugle money , to know they are a few paypackets from disaster ,

Loss of freedom?....her choice, that many of us would not choose, but love may and sometimes can change all that? ;)

HOLA4411

She comes from a deeply middle class family.....she wouldn't have anything to worry about in those stakes....she'd otherwise marry a banker called Rupert or a similar type of twerp... She has lost the chance to remain anonymous for the rest of her life...her choice though...spent all those years going to poncy schools, getting a degree etc.. then never using any of it...

HOLA4412

Loss of freedom?....her choice, that many of us would not choose, but love may and sometimes can change all that? ;)

I know

But what I was getting at is the word FREEDOM as if we are all free , if we really think about it so many of us have very little of it . Yes we can go about our lives without anyone knowing who we are , and we do not have the media chasing us and watching every move but most of us are stuck on a tread mill like rats. Just go and watch the masses going to work each day how many have chosen their way of life because of FREEDOM and were free to make the choices.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I know

But what I was getting at is the word FREEDOM as if we are all free , if we really think about it so many of us have very little of it . Yes we can go about our lives without anyone knowing who we are , and we do not have the media chasing us and watching every move but most of us are stuck on a tread mill like rats. Just go and watch the masses going to work each day how many have chosen their way of life because of FREEDOM and were free to make the choices.

I suppose it's a double-edged sword...she won't have any money worries again..she won't have to pay for a mortgage, go to a nine to five job, gas bills, etc, and can go swanning off around the world as well as representing hundreds of charities. However, for the next 50 years of her life, she will be scrutinised, from her mannerisms, what she says, where she goes, harassed until she brings the next heir into the world...always being chased by the paparazzi..

Freedom is an oxymoron for the vast majority of us...

HOLA4415

I know

Freedom comes at a price.....you get out of it what you put into it.....simple freedoms are the best and the least expensive, but nothing is truly free. ;)

HOLA4416

What ever you think of the royal wedding you've got to admit Kate is fit! And her sister would get it too and who are those three blonde fitties in the audience!? I'm enjoying this.

It's a matter of opinion I suppose. Personally I wouldn't.

off_wed1.jpg

post-10912-0-85421000-1304084966_thumb.jpg

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

This is the one - she looks absolutely beautiful.

1zgrpg1.jpg

Is it too much to hope that, taken alongside the image of her sister :

GYI0064506739_549889s.jpg

British women suddenly wake up from the madness that makes them believe chubbiness can be disguised by joke fake tits, peroxide, "killer heels" and fake tan?

HOLA4425

The Royal Wedding is the bad news.

It reminds us that we live in a nation of idiots, who enjoy being the slaves of a small bunch of corrupt oligarchs.

In particular it is a powerful and deliberate reminder that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Beautifully put.

We live in a nation of servile untermensch who'd throttle the life out of each other for the privilege of rimming some inbred toffs piles.

Archived