House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude

Royal Wedding

I was just thinking with all the sheep distracted by the circus that is the royal wedding, would anyone like to hazard a guess at any bad news that would usually be a big deal if it wasn't for the wedding.

I was thinking possibly they forgot to include a minus in the GDP figure (or a quick revision down to 0.1%) or, looking a the recent moves in the USD, a dollar collapse?

I would offer a commemorative wedding plate for anyone who gets close, but I have no such memorabilia (and never will)

Andy Zaltzman and Jon Oliver on The Bugle podcast are offering a prize for the best family crest that someone draws for them. The prize is a Charles and Diana comemorative mug from 1981, and you can specify if you want it as it is, or smashed into tiny pieces! :D

I was just thinking with all the sheep distracted by the circus that is the royal wedding, would anyone like to hazard a guess at any bad news that would usually be a big deal if it wasn't for the wedding.

I was thinking possibly they forgot to include a minus in the GDP figure (or a quick revision down to 0.1%) or, looking a the recent moves in the USD, a dollar collapse?

I would offer a commemorative wedding plate for anyone who gets close, but I have no such memorabilia (and never will)

An excellent day for bad news - probably the best ever. The monarchists will be distracted by the wedding; us republicans will be determined not to watch any news programme or visit any news website!

Dollar collapse is my bet.

Alex Jones will be doing overtime, especially after Andrew Neil on BBC news saying something along the lines of "this is no longer just a British Monarchy, it's a Global Monarchy"

Something along the lines that the new aircraft carriers for the Royal Navy will cost an additional 800m because the flight decks have to be re-roled for the non-VSTOL version of the JSF taking the total bduget to 7bn?

Two people who love each other and one happens to be a Royal, hence the 'big day'. Just enjoy the day off, have a couple of glasses of wine and enjoy the spring sunshine!

Edit to add.

Oil at $200 a barrel FUBAR :ph34r:

:lol:

The Royal Wedding is the bad news.

It reminds us that we live in a nation of idiots, who enjoy being the slaves of a small bunch of corrupt oligarchs.

In particular it is a powerful and deliberate reminder that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

I just hope there is no bad news, that the day passes without incident, no one hurt.

Really? I was rather hoping for a pitched battle between the First Hippy Infantry and the Metropolitan Storm Troopers to liven things up. I have a self imposed 24hour media blackout with orders to be texted by S-in-Law if any decent televised skirmishes break out.

It reminds us that we live in a nation of idiots, who enjoy being the slaves of a small bunch of corrupt oligarchs.

In particular it is a powerful and deliberate reminder that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Thank god

I knew I could rely on this place

Never mind all that

What's she wearing?

Is it black leggings and Ugg boots?

Adulation by the infantile masses of people they don't even know is what makes it easy for the few to control the many. No one seems at all outraged that this silly circus is costing tens of millions. I wonder how much of it is coming from the royal purse. Most people have to pay for their own weddings don't they?

Never mind all that

What's she wearing?

Is it black leggings and Ugg boots?

What ever you think of the royal wedding you've got to admit Kate is fit! And her sister would get it too and who are those three blonde fitties in the audience!? I'm enjoying this.

Adulation by the infantile masses of people they don't even know is what makes it easy for the few to control the many. No one seems at all outraged that this silly circus is costing tens of millions. I wonder how much of it is coming from the royal purse. Most people have to pay for their own weddings don't they?

Isn't it tradition that the brides father pays for the wedding? He's going to get one hell of bill!

Still I'm sure it will be a boost the (Chinese) economy with everyone buying up all those throw away plastic shit hats.

Im Beside myself with the DRESS its chantillie Lace !!! rejoice everyone rejoice !!!

Oh, at least the dress is stylish. Some real frumps and tarts in the congregation.