House Price Crash Forum
jfk

Observations Of Inflation In Everyday Goods...

Kids bus fare - used to be 80p on stage facist-coach ... went to £1 (25% increase) ... then a week later £1.15 (15% increase)

... loaf of tiger-bread the kids like to eat at the weekend - £1 to £1.20 (20% increase)

... monthly stage facist-coach bus pass I buy from work - £33 to £38 (15%)

... cheapest petrol I can find is £1.35 a litre

oooooh yeah, inflation is 5-something-% isn't it folk???? :blink:

More importantly what happened to the price of TV's.

The basket is weighted and food isn't really that important is it.

I have a feeling that the long term downward pricing trend of electronic/consumer goods is about to change direction. Inflation in Asia stoking big payrises, commodity price rises, oil price rises, Eastern currencies forced to appreciate by the Fed trashing the dollar, production decreased in Japan....

More importantly what happened to the price of TV's.

The basket is weighted and food isn't really that important is it.

...saw the first 32" HD ready TV at £199.99 Argos currently...that is downward.... :rolleyes:

I have a feeling that the long term downward pricing trend of electronic/consumer goods is about to change direction. Inflation in Asia stoking big payrises, commodity price rises, oil price rises, Eastern currencies forced to appreciate by the Fed trashing the dollar, production decreased in Japan....

I'm thinking this too.

Also wondering if a lot of free stuff on the internet will end up costing?

(how that will be done, I don't know)

You're right, but the explanation's much more basic, consumer electronic goods have been competed down to cost price, so there's no more reductions possible. That's why Philips announced last week they are getting out of TV manufacturing and Panasonic announced another huge round of layoffs yesterday.

... loaf of tiger-bread the kids like to eat at the weekend - £1 to £1.20 (20% increase)

Oh theres always one show off isn't there!

Why can't you just give your kids Ipods to eat like the BoE deem is appropriate

Next you'll be telling me you use petrol.

Seriously though inflation is running riot - no question about it.

It would be worth keeping this thread going.

Yes, I agree and when that starts there will be no way of hiding our global crack up boom.

First one to the bottom wins - or is it loses - I can't remember.