House Price Crash Forum

Seller Finally Drops Price

I'm not interested in this place... (can't stand the mock georgian style!), but have watched with interest to see when the seller would finally drop their price. So many people must have loved living in (what they thought was) a £200k house.... and refused to accept it was worth anything less... then gradually realise it's all been a load of b*****ks.

After 5 months... the seller has dropped the price to £190k, still 40% too expensive, but perhaps an important psychological barrier has been broken.

I'm not interested in this place... (can't stand the mock georgian style!), but have watched with interest to see when the seller would finally drop their price. So many people must have loved living in (what they thought was) a £200k house.... and refused to accept it was worth anything less... then gradually realise it's all been a load of b*****ks.

After 5 months... the seller has dropped the price to £190k, still 40% too expensive, but perhaps an important psychological barrier has been broken.

I wouldnt touch it at any price. The north facing garden will kill your summers from start to finish by being shaded by lunchtime especially since there isnt enough of it to be outside of the house shadow.

Looks like it has 2 front doors.

The builder didn't exactly put much effort in to separate the two halves of the semi...

I wouldnt touch it at any price. The north facing garden will kill your summers from start to finish by being shaded by lunchtime especially since there isnt enough of it to be outside of the house shadow.

LOL - two photos of that tiny patch of garden - filled with a trampoline and a shed!

:P

LOL - two photos of that tiny patch of garden - filled with a trampoline and a shed!

:P

Tragic isn't it... why would anyone choose to remove everything from their garden!?!? The only thing worse is when the entire garden is slabs...... bleeeeeuuuuchhh......

One says "in need of modernisation" while the other's described as "well presented", that probably accounts for at least some of the gap, still I doubt there's many warm neighbourly conversations taking place over that garden fence!

I know but if you look at the first one its not exactly "super modern" I would also challange anyone to spend £30k doing up a 2 bed bungalow.

The twigs in the lounge have to be worth 10k of anyones money

The twigs in the lounge have to be worth 10k of anyones money

Hmm, I just threw away the houseplant that was well on its way to becoming twigs, but it's the landlord that wants the place to sell, not me.

This house isn't bad value for the current market but the location is awful in my opinion. You are sandwiched in between the noisy A27 and the Durrington housing estate. The Durrington housing estate is infested with a plague of chavs. Just south of the Durrington housing estate there's an enormous council housing estate full of more undesirables. Once you are further south things cheer up but the prices reflect the better location. This is not an area I would buy in especially for bringing up kids. Worthing itself is a pretty poor place to be after dark too.

Get your property bee around this one. It seemed they had the right idea and then hit the "this is the lowest I will sell it for" wall... in 2009!

31 October 2009

* Price changed: from '£139,950' to '£135,000'

05 March 2009

* Price changed: from '£149,000' to '£139,950'

18 January 2009

* Subtitle changed: 3 bedroom semi-detached bungalow

17 November 2008

* Price changed: from '£155,000' to '£149,000'

13 March 2008

* Initial entry found.

Or this one. A few months off 2 years languishing on RM and no change.

27 July 2010

* Title changed: INGLEWOOD COURT, HIPPERHOLME HIPPERHOLME, HALIFAX

30 December 2009

* Subtitle changed: 3 bedroom semi-detached house

02 September 2009

* Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available'

25 July 2009

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

11 June 2009

* Initial entry found.

There are many more like this... I'm hoping by the end of this year sellers or agents are finally going to crack!

Here's a few from Jan 2008 that haven't budged at all on their price after nearly 3 and a half years.

Got a few dozen similar in my area.

Best viewed with propertybee.

£315000

£142500

£137500

£93000

I was talking to my next door neighbour recently who has decided to take his house off the market after 2 years due to a lack of interest. He said to me with an all knowing air "The people around here have made the mistake of selling their houses too cheaply - there is no way we are going to drop our price".

I told him "If you hang on long enough and put it back on the market you will get your price"

He smiled and nodded as if at last he had found someone who knew he was right.

I asked him what he was doing when they sell and they are downsizing to go live near his daughter. Then I told that with RPI at over 5% a year for the last 2 years if he got his price now the money would buy less food, fuel, energy so he might as well have dropped his price 11% two years and wouldn't be any worse off. I told him he could have got on with his life.

I could see the cogs turning and he said "Well that's one way of looking at it....".

OMG. I hate that area. I have some family in Lancing and I often crawl along the A27 in the queue wondering who the hell would want to live here. I think my grandad and aunt are nuts. It's just houses and queing cars.