House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

p.p.

Lionel Messi Goal Vs Real Madrid

Great goal. However I was annoyed by the way the commentators *****ed over his first goal. You find this with amazing players - any reasonably good thing they do suddenly becomes 'amazing' and I find it lessens how good they really are.

The first goal was all down to the winger making a great run and a brilliant cross. Fair enough - good position for Messi to get into - but a pretty simple finish and FFS half the strikers in the pishy SPL would have scored it !!

Second goal was worth them salivating over though. Class.

1) good to see the ugly guy beat the good looking arrogant Ronaldo guy

2) rumour was that Moan-inho was the ear marked for Man U when Fergusson quits. ooh dear.

Guest eight

The first goal was all down to the winger making a great run and a brilliant cross. Fair enough - good position for Messi to get into - but a pretty simple finish and FFS half the strikers in the pishy SPL would have scored it !!

Also Ramos is is on his way out; Bale absolutely tortured him in the previous round. It was painful to watch.

eight

If you look at the first goal replay again you will see that the move started with messi making a run and beating a couple of players before nearly losing control of the ball but toe poking it to one of his own players just in time, which kept the move going .This to me was the key point.

The ball then makes it way to the winger who does really well. Messi's movement and finish were first class and any forward would be proud of a finish like that.

Messi is no maradonna yet but when on form he is great to watch, a true delight.

I was a season ticket holder at Man U, my last season was 2007/8 before I realised how much of a rip off football is in this country. Anyway that season I saw the worlds best players, Ronaldo, Rooney, Fabregas, Kaka, Totti, Berbatov (he was at spurs at the time and was brilliant) to name a few but the best player by a country mile was Messi, we beat Barca 1-0 at home that season but we just couldn't get the ball off him when he had it, such fantastic touch and close control. It's hard to do him justice but I've never seen anything like it or even close.

If you look at the first goal replay again you will see that the move started with messi making a run and beating a couple of players before nearly losing control of the ball but toe poking it to one of his own players just in time, which kept the move going .This to me was the key point.

The ball then makes it way to the winger who does really well. Messi's movement and finish were first class and any forward would be proud of a finish like that.

Messi is no maradonna yet but when on form he is great to watch, a true delight.

Never saw that bit - does change it a little. Still the commentator was *****ing over the finish. Which was very good - but not as wonderful as they were going on about. Still - I can understand why they would want to ***** about this when the game was pretty pish.

Anyway the guy is immense. He is not quite up there yet - however he has many years to go and barring injury he could be the first player to push the Maradona/Pele debate a little.

Good to watch anyway. :D

Never saw that bit - does change it a little. Still the commentator was *****ing over the finish. Which was very good - but not as wonderful as they were going on about. Still - I can understand why they would want to ***** about this when the game was pretty pish.

Anyway the guy is immense. He is not quite up there yet - however he has many years to go and barring injury he could be the first player to push the Maradona/Pele debate a little.

Messi left his marker scratching his head in the box for his first goal.

Scored against a back drop of yet another dodgy sending off in Barca’s favour. At that level and intensity it is suicidal to be down to 10 men against Platini FC...sorry Barca. He is a global great now but a true legendary with Pele and Maradona......leave it out. When he extends his form to the World Cup and Copa America then i will buy it.

As a Chelsea fan i am not a massive lover of United (jealousy of having such an amazing manager apart) but i hope they beat UEFA’s poster boys.

That said if you are not an Arsenal, Real Madrid or Chelsea fan you would not understand how frustrating it is coming up against the houlier than thou status that proceeds Barcelona in euro matches.

Scored against a back drop of yet another dodgy sending off in Barca’s favour. At that level and intensity it is suicidal to be down to 10 men against Platini FC...sorry Barca. He is a global great now but a true legendary with Pele and Maradona......leave it out. When he extends his form to the World Cup and Copa America then i will buy it.

As a Chelsea fan i am not a massive lover of United (jealousy of having such an amazing manager apart) but i hope they beat UEFA’s poster boys.

That said if you are not an Arsenal, Real Madrid or Chelsea fan you would not understand how frustrating it is coming up against the houlier than thou status that proceeds Barcelona in euro matches.

oh the taste of sour grapes, Romans' billions not enough eh?

It's a pity that players from both sides behaved terribly.

Feigning injury, fouls, running to the ref like little kids,..absolutely ridiculous.

This could, and should have been a masterpiece that was being watched by millions.

Instead it turned into a disgraceful charade of what top class football should be.

Mind you, Messi's goals were pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtueJo4Teg

good luck man u - you'll need it

Is that Russian commentary?

The match was a bit "derby", and we spent most of the time trying to figure out who was on and who was off - then that goal, and we all said Brilliant! The view from the back shows how much work he did to get that shot in.

Still think ManU will take it - but they're both bratty teams, so it depends on who wins most sympathy from the ref.

Messi will never be Maradona...I don't think there will ever be another Maradona...He had that extra intangible quality...he was (and still is) a total and utter nutcase...completely unpredictable...on and off the pitch.. Although to Messi's credit, as far as I'm aware, he seems to keep himself to himself...he doesn't court the press...

Messi will never be Maradona...I don't think there will ever be another Maradona...He had that extra intangible quality...he was (and still is) a total and utter nutcase...completely unpredictable...on and off the pitch.. Although to Messi's credit, as far as I'm aware, he seems to keep himself to himself...he doesn't court the press...

funny thing is - after seeing the messi goal, i did think 'shades'* of marradona

messi would have probably had a better world cup without marradona as the manager - too much focus on marradona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rW-lK9F6TU

*notice the correct use of the word shades!

I think Messi is a better player than Maradona though I'd rather Cruyff at his peak than either of them.

Put Messi in a team such as Blackburn, and see if he can win the league for them (twice) as well as the UEFA Cup...then we'd see how good he is...He's playing in the best side in the world at the moment...

Napoli were perennial underachievers for much of the early 80s before Maradona turned up...

Imagine how good Maradona would have been if he didn;t just use his right foot for standing on, or if he had any ability to head the ball?

Rooney's overhead shinner is not a patch on Trevor Sinclair's effort.

Maradona was the pivotal point in fairly ordinary sides...Lets just see how many world cup finals Messi plays in, in the next ten years....

I may be bias, but I honestly think that this was a better goal.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ao63KUIolbw[/url]

Amazing. I agree with the guy who posted a comment at the time saying that if you'd never watched a football match before, you would still know that Rooney's goal was extraordinairy.

Would have to disagree. As part of the build up Rooney tries to control/lay off the ball - it hits off his shin and goes flying about 20 yards. Horrendous touch - however luckily for Man Utd goes straight to a player in red.

Yes - the acrobatics and effort of the final strike are truly brilliant. However he misses his foot and the ball flies in off his shin.

His touch was poor but he got lucky - then his shot was poor and he got lucky. To compare that to Messi goal is not even worth doing IMO. Everything Messi did in that goal was intentional and under sublime control. Rooney is not even close when it comes to that.

On the face of it though Rooney's goal appears superb. Look in slow motion at a few of the touches and it becomes much less so.

Anyway - for a lucky finish it was rather spectacular anyway. You have to give it a chance for it to go in and he does that very well.

You midget-lovers are crazy, I'm with Jose on this one. If the referee was even remotely fair, Messi would have been sent off ages before. The defenders know this, and so they deliberately hang back. If they go anywhere near him, the little cheat hurls himself to the ground and mysteriously doesn't receive a yellow card, but the innocent defender might miss the next match.

Watch a proper sport next time.

You midget-lovers are crazy, I'm with Jose on this one. If the referee was even remotely fair, Messi would have been sent off ages before. The defenders know this, and so they deliberately hang back. If they go anywhere near him, the little cheat hurls himself to the ground and mysteriously doesn't receive a yellow card, but the innocent defender might miss the next match.

Watch a proper sport next time.

+1

Also, if we're slagging off the "lucky" Rooney goal for the lack of control, then we should point out that the Messi finish was somewhat scuffed.

+1

Also, if we're slagging off the "lucky" Rooney goal for the lack of control, then we should point out that the Messi finish was somewhat scuffed.

Didn't look scuffed to me. I suppose he will be the only one who knows if he went to slide it into the corner or not. That is the difference between him and Rooney. Rooney's first poor touch - he certainly did not mean to bounce of his shin and go flying 20 yards away. And his overhead kick - he also certainly did not mean for it to fly off his shin.

I just find it incredible that so many can class that Rooney goal as 'one of the best ever'. When the main player in it ******ed up his control twice in the period of 20 seconds.