House Price Crash Forum
cool_hand

Labour - You Couldn't Make It Up

GDP = C + I + G +X-M

Why do the media never report on the components of GDP?

If everyone must use this horrible index, at least use it properly.

I wouldnt mind if X-M is up 8%, but govt spending down 9%, given an overall fall of 1% in GDP.

Debt/Govt spending needs to fall, so what if it causes GDP to fall too?

Blinky was getting quite agitated looking at the BBC video so added value for Cameron in raising his blood pressure......

Labour have some front in calling for an apology Blinky Balls when in Government responded to one of Cameron's statements with the word bullocks several times which was caught on the chambers recording system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13213948

Angela Eagle says Cameron should apologise "for the dreadful growth figures that we've seen today".

So when has Labour ever apologised for wrecking this country?

I thought not.

Ducking 'ell what a underhand missguided individual.

One can tell she has spent too much time with Balls to come out with such rubbish. Cameron to apologise for the lack of growth in the economy.... Even a tiny admission of some kind of the responsibility for our current mess is long overdue from someone in the Labour party.

I know its a non story, but Michael Winner give a better description of the idiots.

Michael Winner has described Harriet Harman and the Labour party as “politically correct lunatics”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/8478128/Michael-Winner-David-Camerons-PMQs-comments-were-not-sexist.html

Thing is Dave and his band of merry persons promote this PC fascism.

Will this issue be dropped by the press, or will they bash Cameron on the sexist line for the coming weeks?

The latter in the case of the BBC, the Mirror and The Guardian; the former in the case of everyone else, would be my guess.

I'm sure this was completely unintentional on Dave's part (I'm convinced that he's nowhere near as savvy as to have thought this through in advance or in the heat of the moment), but IMO he's ended up in a good place. If the lefties bang the PC drum too prominently over this, their detractors can characterise them as humourless sourpusses, compared to Cameron as the man of the people, referencing a popular TV ad, etc. etc.

I know its a non story, but Michael Winner give a better description of the idiots.

Michael Winner has described Harriet Harman and the Labour party as "politically correct lunatics"

http://www.telegraph...not-sexist.html

Thing is Dave and his band of merry persons promote this PC fascism.

late 14c., from O.Fr. calme, traditionally from O.It. calma, from L.L. cauma "heat of the mid-day sun" (in Italy, a time when everything rests and is still),

from Gk. kauma "heat" (especially of the sun), from kaiein "to burn." Spelling influenced by L. calere "to be hot."

Figurative application to social or mental conditions is 16c.

So wiv posh cars + Mansion in background - is the joke the Elites are going to 'burn' the general population with their manipulation of Governance and Big Businesses?

Winner being the 'winner' ("down dear* = dd=44 - masonic stuff)

Edited by erranta

BBC, now putting some leftist BBC spin on the story, Mumsnet is quoted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13211577

If you don't have a thick skin, perhaps politics isn't the profession to choose. Angela Eagle, the target of David Cameron's "calm down dear" remarks, seemed relatively sanguine about the whole affair, telling the BBC that "no modern man" would say that to a woman, but hardly boiling with rage.

So despite her colleagues fuming this is "sexist", "patronising" and "pure Bullingdon" - referring to the exclusive club the prime minister was in at Oxford University - if Ms Eagle isn't publicly losing her rag, does it matter?

Well for a clue, take a look at the message boards of Mumsnet, whose founder, Justine Roberts, told me many of her members had found it patronising. And remember that David Cameron and other senior politicians have sweated hard over the years to get the votes of women around the country, even taking part in web chats with that particular website.

Precisely the kind of voter David Cameron has courted so carefully, might be just the kind of voter who would be irritated by such a remark. It could also chip away at the very considerable efforts he has made as Conservative leader to modernise his party.

At the very least it is distraction from the PM's intention to keep Labour on the back foot.

I wonder if he has ever used those words to his wife Samantha?

I thought the BBC hand a mandate to be impartial? This journalist doesn't sound impartial to me.

Sack the lot of them I say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13213948

Angela Eagle says Cameron should apologise "for the dreadful growth figures that we've seen today".

in response to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13207256

"Calm down dear"!

So when has Labour ever apologised for wrecking this country?

I thought not.

We're all going to hell in a handcart.

Adam and eve not Adam and steve.

Etc

BBC, now putting some leftist BBC spin on the story, Mumsnet is quoted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13211577

If you don't have a thick skin, perhaps politics isn't the profession to choose. Angela Eagle, the target of David Cameron's "calm down dear" remarks, seemed relatively sanguine about the whole affair, telling the BBC that "no modern man" would say that to a woman, but hardly boiling with rage.

So despite her colleagues fuming this is "sexist", "patronising" and "pure Bullingdon" - referring to the exclusive club the prime minister was in at Oxford University - if Ms Eagle isn't publicly losing her rag, does it matter?

Well for a clue, take a look at the message boards of Mumsnet, whose founder, Justine Roberts, told me many of her members had found it patronising. And remember that David Cameron and other senior politicians have sweated hard over the years to get the votes of women around the country, even taking part in web chats with that particular website.

Precisely the kind of voter David Cameron has courted so carefully, might be just the kind of voter who would be irritated by such a remark. It could also chip away at the very considerable efforts he has made as Conservative leader to modernise his party.

At the very least it is distraction from the PM's intention to keep Labour on the back foot.

I wonder if he has ever used those words to his wife Samantha?[/i]

I thought the BBC hand a mandate to be impartial? This journalist doesn't sound impartial to me.

Sack the lot of them I say.

Nobody seems to mention he used the exact quote on David Milliband. Is that supposed to have been sexist too?

Edited by bogbrush

This is a bit late , but Angela Eagle has no credibility ... the link is from aug 2008

and is Dear Angela trying to put down Vince Cable in a motion about the state of the economy .

http://liberalengland.blogspot.com/2008/08/in-april-labour-thought-housing-crash.html

I am going to talk about “An Inconvenient Truth”, which is that the economy is strong and stable.

maybe she should have taken less of the tranqillisers and been awake in her monitoring of

the economy :D

cheers,

rockhopper