House Price Crash Forum
everybodies_friend

Grassing Someone To The Tax Man

Someone I know has been renting out two flats, renting about 3 taxis for the last 9 years, he has not paid a penny in tax. Whats the most effective way to grass him up. Also

1/ Will the tax man be interested in someone who is just not declaring rental income?

2/ What are the sanctions that would befall.

Many thanks,

Everybodies_friend

Someone I know has been renting out two flats, renting about 3 taxis for the last 9 years, he has not paid a penny in tax. Whats the most effective way to grass him up. Also

1/ Will the tax man be interested in someone who is just not declaring rental income?

Many thanks,

Everybodies_friend

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tax-evasion/index.htm

I imagine HMRC are interested in anything and everything at the moment.

Edited by cheeznbreed

Yes, he grassed me up for something. Thanks for the info.

EBF

... I was asking to see if he would in any way click that it was you who grassed him up. If you are not bothered with comeback then fill your boots.

Yes the taxman will be interested and if what you state is true then he will be liable for large sums and will possibly get custodial. He may end up killing you in revenge or commit suicide. He may get off Scott free. Who knows

Tax Evasion Hotline

Freephone 0800 788 887

Hope that helps :D

Many thanks,

Everybodies_friend

how do you know that he hasn't paid a penny in tax?

tim

EBF

That was silly of him. We really should get religious educaiton back into the schools: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

... I was asking to see if he would in any way click that it was you who grassed him up. If you are not bothered with comeback then fill your boots.

Yes the taxman will be interested and if what you state is true then he will be liable for large sums and will possibly get custodial. He may end up killing you in revenge or commit suicide. He may get off Scott free. Who knows

Tax Evasion Hotline

Freephone 0800 788 887

Hope that helps :D

That's my taxes paying for an 0800 number. I reckon they could have a £2 per minute premium rate number and the OP would still call.

Hello thanks for the replies, I know he hasnt paid any tax as he has told a third party who is reliable. He has two flats on a domestic interest only mortgage, he makes about 500 per month profit on each unit, less interest. On the taxis, he rents them out for about 350 per week each. The drivers drop off the cash each week. He purchased them and the plate by remortgaging property.

EBF

Hello thanks for the replies, I know he hasnt paid any tax as he has told a third party who is reliable. He has two flats on a domestic interest only mortgage, he makes about 500 per month profit on each unit, less interest. On the taxis, he rents them out for about 350 per week each. The drivers drop off the cash each week. He purchased them and the plate by remortgaging property.

EBF

I know we dont know all the facts but if I was going to grass someone up I would not be posting as much detail as you have. What you have posted about two flats and 3 x Taxis is quite unique.

I'm surprised someone playing the games he is playing would actually take the risk after grassing you up for something. Surely he has covered his ar5e.

I once worked for the DWP and had some experience with the Tax Evasion Hotline... do it online, provide as much detail as possible but try to make it not so obvious that the information came from you.

you can do so anonymously but understand when his collar is felt they will make it very clear to him where the information came from i.e. a referral and that dome of this detail may be put in front of him.

Good luck. I've done it via the online form a few times myself and reported friends who have crossed me to the police for uninsured driving offences... all have been punished.

EBF

So its nothing to do with being an upright citizen (whatever one is, nowadays) and everything to do with revenge. I hope you both get what you are offering yourselves.

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

So its nothing to do with being an upright citizen (whatever one is, nowadays) and everything to do with revenge. I hope you both get what you are offering yourselves.

... in 1941, one of her neighbors denounced her, saying:

Ilse Sonja Totzke is a resident next door to us in a garden cottage. I noticed the above-named because she is of Jewish appearance.. . I should like to mention that Miss Totzke never responds to the German greeting [Hell Hitler]. I gathered from what she was saying that her attitude was anti-German. On the contrary she always favoured France and the Jews. Among other things, she told me that the German Army was not as well equipped as the French... Now and then a woman of about 36 years old comes and she is of Jewish appearance ... To my mind, Miss Totzke is behaving suspiciously. I thought she might be engaged in some kind of activity which is harmful to the German Reich.

Eventually, after another lengthy interrogation in Würzburg, Totzke was sent to the women's concentration camp at Ravensbrück....

That was silly of him. We really should get religious educaiton back into the schools: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

Maybe he thought the 'Do unto others what they would do unto you only do it first.' was the correct version.:rolleyes:

I once worked for the DWP and had some experience with the Tax Evasion Hotline... do it online, provide as much detail as possible but try to make it not so obvious that the information came from you.

you can do so anonymously but understand when his collar is felt they will make it very clear to him where the information came from i.e. a referral and that dome of this detail may be put in front of him.

Good luck. I've done it via the online form a few times myself and reported friends who have crossed me to the police for uninsured driving offences... all have been punished.

Funny, a lot of people would regard uninsured driving as definitely wrong but keeping your own money as OK.

Ah yes - Godwin's law, which trumps all others.

Except Quirkes Exception, which I'm not entirely sure would apply here.