House Price Crash Forum

Hpc "a V" Referendum Poll

pl1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only put a first choice then......simples, they can't count what is not there. ;)

I dont know the full detail as it has not been made clear but I do know that in Aus where av is used that a balot with only a single on it is a spoiled ballot and not counted. Not only can they not count what isnt there but in that case they dont count what is there.

I dont know the full detail as it has not been made clear but I do know that in Aus where av is used that a balot with only a single on it is a spoiled ballot and not counted. Not only can they not count what isnt there but in that case they dont count what is there.

Sounds like a logical (but bad) extension of the aussie principle of compulsory voting.

Our system lets you vote for any number of candidates. Including none at all, just the one, up to every candidate. The only flaw seems to be omission of a "none of the above" option.

I think the voting system should only be changed if >50% of the registered voters vote for it.

The decision will be based on a turnout of less than 30% probably, so 1 in 10 voters actually bothering to get

off their sofas and vote "Yes".

The majority of people have no interest in this circus but it is wrong to decide what they would want if they were

forced to vote a la cattle prod.

Anyway, democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner.....

I think the voting system should only be changed if >50% of the registered voters vote for it.

The decision will be based on a turnout of less than 30% probably, so 1 in 10 voters actually bothering to get

off their sofas and vote "Yes".

The majority of people have no interest in this circus but it is wrong to decide what they would want if they were

forced to vote a la cattle prod.

Anyway, democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner.....

If people "can't be bothered" then why would their abstention be a vote for no?

We're still waiting for a good reason to keep FPTP by the looks of it.

If people "can't be bothered" then why would their abstention be a vote for no?

We're still waiting for a good reason to keep FPTP by the looks of it.

Our system is so bad, any other must be worse. Best go back to the safety of feudalism, and have that nice lady long to reign over us.

Our politicians do the same in Europe - moan about all that's wrong, but veto any proposal to improve it.

Our system is so bad, any other must be worse. Best go back to the safety of feudalism, and have that nice lady long to reign over us.

Our politicians do the same in Europe - moan about all that's wrong, but veto any proposal to improve it.

Single party state is the only way to go. The Swearing Party.

If you agree with us then that's fine. If you diagree then f*** off. If you neither agree or disagree then f*** off.