House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hectors House

Why I'm Voting For Av

Back in the autumn of 2010 I wrote to my MP (just happens to be Conservative and in a safe seat) about several things but covering:

• What the Government was going to do about unemployment (I did explain about how the previous government had got New Deal so badly wrong)
  • How the cost of fuel was damaging the UK economy
  • Immigration - with so many unemployed why wasn't it being tackled (new Liebour basically wanted as many immigrants in as possible so the fabric of British identity was changed - diversity engineering
  • I did suggest an offshoring tax on all UK business that has been transferred overseas

There were a few more things, interesting all I got back was a photocopy of a letter sent to my MP in response to one question from Iain Duncan Smith MP.

Basically the UK's economic woes are going to be sorted by "encouraging unemployed people to network and share tips on finding work" now to me that sounds like they are just going to bring back the old and worn out "Job club" this comes in the wake of the fiasco that is New Deal where high value contracts were given to the private sector to have unemployed people sitting around in Colleges and resource centres doing nothing, officially they were "in training" so could be taken off the unemployment figures. These schemes were nothing more than community service lock up for those unfortunate to be unemployed.

Basically its doesn't matter if it had been New Liebour or Condem we have the same old muppets who can offer nothing new, This is why I'm voting for AV.

Politics have long gone stale, The Conservatives are wedded to the banks and have basically let them go scot free after the damage they have done, New Liebor have broken the country.

Back in the autumn of 2010 I wrote to my MP (just happens to be Conservative and in a safe seat) about several things but covering:

• What the Government was going to do about unemployment (I did explain about how the previous government had got New Deal so badly wrong)

• How the cost of fuel was damaging the UK economy

• Immigration - with so many unemployed why wasn't it being tackled (new Liebour basically wanted as many immigrants in as possible so the fabric of British identity was changed - diversity engineering

• I did suggest an offshoring tax on all UK business that has been transferred overseas

There were a few more things, interesting all I got back was a photocopy of a letter sent to my MP in response to one question from Iain Duncan Smith MP.

Basically the UK's economic woes are going to be sorted by "encouraging unemployed people to network and share tips on finding work" now to me that sounds like they are just going to bring back the old and worn out "Job club" this comes in the wake of the fiasco that is New Deal where high value contracts were given to the private sector to have unemployed people sitting around in Colleges and resource centres doing nothing, officially they were "in training" so could be taken off the unemployment figures. These schemes were nothing more than community service lock up for those unfortunate to be unemployed.

Basically its doesn't matter if it had been New Liebour or Condem we have the same old muppets who can offer nothing new, This is why I'm voting for AV.

Politics have long gone stale, The Conservatives are wedded to the banks and have basically let them go scot free after the damage they have done, New Liebor have broken the country.

AV won't give you anything new. You'll get Tory, Labour, or a coalition - same as now. Except the one-person-one-vote concept will be gone.

Except the one-person-one-vote concept will be gone.

That's a good thing. one-person-one-vote makes a catchy soundbite that idiots hear and like the sound of of. one-person-one-vote is a horribly blunt instrument; it's the fisher-price version of democracy for peoples with no history of elections and who are holding the first ballot paper they've ever seen after a thousand years of dictatorship. Why is one-person-one-vote better than one-person-one-preferred-order?

That's a rhetorical question; it isn't better.

Edited by JJJ

That's a good thing. one-person-one-vote makes a catchy soundbite that idiots hear and like the sound of of. one-person-one-vote is a horribly blunt instrument; it's the fisher-price version of democracy for peoples with no history of elections and who are holding the first ballot paper they've ever seen after a thousand years of dictatorship. Why is one-person-one-vote better than one-person-one-preferred-order?

That's a rhetorical question; it isn't better.

One-person-one-preferred-order would be better, but that's not what's on offer with AV. My second choice vote isn't worth the same under AV as the second choice of the BNP supporter down the road.

I wondered when the BNP were going to be mentioned but moving away from them consider this:

There is growing discontent in the country some people are being hit hard by the cost of fuel and general inflation, the richest are still getting richer, this summer could see food costs sky rocket due to shortages (this is to do with the weather - grain will be in short supply for example as there hasn't been enough rain so expect bread to be more expensive), those hardest hit by unemployment and wages that can't keep pace are going to want change.

One-person-one-preferred-order would be better, but that's not what's on offer with AV. My second choice vote isn't worth the same under AV as the second choice of the BNP supporter down the road.

If you vote Tory first, and then LibDem, and he votes BNP first, and then LibDem, how are your second choice votes not worth the same?

If you vote Tory first, and then LibDem, and he votes BNP first, and then LibDem, how are your second choice votes not worth the same?

As his first vote is for one of the fringe parties (could also be green or UKIP, I'm not specifically singling out BNP here), his second vote gets counted in the next round. Because my first and second votes will be for the main parties, my second vote is unlikely to be counted.

I wondered when the BNP were going to be mentioned but moving away from them consider this:

There is growing discontent in the country some people are being hit hard by the cost of fuel and general inflation, the richest are still getting richer, this summer could see food costs sky rocket due to shortages (this is to do with the weather - grain will be in short supply for example as there hasn't been enough rain so expect bread to be more expensive), those hardest hit by unemployment and wages that can't keep pace are going to want change.

Yes I agree this summer could be very interesting, particularly if it is a hot one. The country is a bit of a tinderbox at the moment with a lot of dis-affected people around, not just one group, but many.

Wonder if David CONron will suggest that we eat cake when the bread runs out?