House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
longtomsilver

Grand Designs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1380355/Our-grand-design-went-1m-budget---doing-again.html

The Woods are selling their £2.85million home at a knock down price of £2.25million... it failed to sell in the fall of last year at £2.15million, but property being property they've added another 5% for good measure.

Edited by tomposh101

Very nice house and location. Still, will be an interesting journey for them from their cost price to market value. Saved in rightmove thanks.

Bath is probably the only place they stand any chance of getting their money back though, EAs are certifiable as witnessed by this new on today crappy box in the probably floodable viewless industrial side of town for £400k http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29781688.html I think asking prices in bath are based solely on increasing the asking prices of other houses in the area, it's not based on previous sold prices in the road anyway http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/bath/westfield-park-south/?sold_price_types=all&sold_price_years=all&so=date&sd=desc

Edited by athom

I walked up Bathwick hill today (was visiting the University).

The location is quite good, would suit an academic who has also made it in business. The house to me looks so ugly, but everyone has different ideas of pretty

I didn't like living in Bath. Only lasted two years, something very fake about it and no community with all the genuine locals confined to peculiar ghettoes. It's like the worst pleased with themselves boroughs of London expanded to city size.

The architecture's certainly got character but the residents haven't.

If you commute learning all the rat runs to avoid the daily gridlock is like The Knowledge.