House Price Crash Forum
South Lorne

Benefits Can Be Claimed By Eu Migrants Within Weeks Of Arriving

...can we really afford it....?..... :rolleyes:

Bar on benefits lifted for East European migrants who will be able to claim £250 a week

No longer will arrivals have to work for a year before signing on

Britain faces a new influx of migrants who could claim benefits of up to £250 a week within weeks of arriving.

From next Sunday, rules that ban Eastern Europeans from claiming unemployment, housing and council tax benefits until they have worked in the UK for 12 months are being lifted.

Critics are concerned about the risk of ‘benefits tourism’ by immigrants from the eight former Communist countries affected.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380204/Bar-benefits-lifted-East-European-migrants-able-claim-250-week.html

Edited by South Lorne

Dear all guardian reading bleeding heart politically correct black lesbian immigrant loving liberals - YOU HAVE WON. I'm sure your kids will completely understand that you've left them with a huge tax bill, huge university depts and no jobs because the UK has a moral duty to feed and cloth and put a roof over the head of the entire f*king world at the expense of its own citizens. They will understand that their poverty is all in a good cause - they really will, don't worry !.

Meanwhile I'm going to dodge as much tax as possible using my Ltd company and then f*ck off out of this country as soon as I can.

Dear all guardian reading bleeding heart politically correct black lesbian immigrant loving liberals - YOU HAVE WON. I'm sure your kids will completely understand that you've left them with a huge tax bill, huge university depts and no jobs because the UK has a moral duty to feed and cloth and put a roof over the head of the entire f*king world at the expense of its own citizens. They will understand that their poverty is all in a good cause - they really will, don't worry !.

Meanwhile I'm going to dodge as much tax as possible using my Ltd company and then f*ck off out of this country as soon as I can.

Agree with the sentiment of your rant.

Who does make these stupid decisions?

I love the way that the neo-liberal parties manage to of open up the UK workers up to competition from 5 to a bedsit Eastern Europeans and the people who get blamed are the Guardian readers rather than the FT readers!

Got to keep up the pressure on housing at all costs... I wish I was pointing at laughing at our country from the safety of one that isn't so ridiculous... Surely we must be the only place on earth who operates a loony policy like this one?

Do the same rules apply to us?

For example English people who get bored of the 9-5 - could they leave it all behind and turn up in the Costa Del Sol and get an apartment and spending money courtesy of Spanish taxpayer?

It's very good they can claim, they are on equal footing and can turn their noses up at low paid jobs like the British, Romanians and Bulgarians will have to wait a year first, no guessing who'll be staffing the factories and living in shared houses.

The evil of the EU knows no bounds.

Just why the Tories are putting up with this is beyond me. There is a limited amount of housing in the country, and not so much of it where we need more of it.

And what will happen is that these people will be given housing. That must mean that someone somewhere will be bumped out of housing, because the money the immigrants get wont produce a new house, but it will help exclude someone British from getting that housing.

Our national government is now clearly working against the interests of British Citizens. I bet if we all rose up they would turn the troops on us.

If they are able to claim HB straight away this would be great news to the ears of slumlords across the UK.

After May 1st 2004 (ascession day) house prices went to the moon in Wood Green N22 and a bulgarian builder (resident of UK 7yrs) I knew at the time was actively looking to add to his "portfolio!" to house the next wave of Polish, Slovak, Lativans et al.

NB for those of you on this site who are unaware of the charms of Wood Green London N22.... briefly its appalling but it has streets upon streets of biggish houses and flat conversions on top of a zone 3 tube. I doubt that even the local EAs could talk it up but the prices of property there is ludricous.

If they are able to claim HB straight away this would be great news to the ears of slumlords across the UK.

As usual, the Daily Mail is misinforming the nation using the old tactic known as 'divide et impera'.

Mark my words, after the 1.05.2011 the number of Polish workers living and coming to the UK will shrink very rapidly.

(that's the date when Germany opens up its labour market)

After May 1st 2004 (ascession day) house prices went to the moon in Wood Green N22 and a bulgarian builder (resident of UK 7yrs) I knew at the time was actively looking to add to his "portfolio!" to house the next wave of Polish, Slovak, Lativans et al.

NB for those of you on this site who are unaware of the charms of Wood Green London N22.... briefly its appalling but it has streets upon streets of biggish houses and flat conversions on top of a zone 3 tube. I doubt that even the local EAs could talk it up but the prices of property there is ludricous.

N22 is not all bad, it has always been the same except the demographics have changed. ;)

Do the same rules apply to us?

Nope. I live in France and can not claim any benefits. I can not even use the hospitals without paying. You have to have worked and payed in for a certain period before you get anything. Thus the UK government is choosing to run things this way.

Thus the UK government is choosing to run things this way.

But but but... the Daily Mail told me it was the evil EU and the migrants' fault????

:lol:

As usual, the Daily Mail is misinforming the nation using the old tactic known as 'divide et impera'.

Mark my words, after the 1.05.2011 the number of Polish workers living and coming to the UK will shrink very rapidly.

(that's the date when Germany opens up its labour market)

And when the real trouble begins. Germany will simply not put up with. (the uk are wimps in this respect)

Merkel will be saying "multiculturism and migrant infuxes has been detrimental to the German way of life and does not work" mark my words.

End of the EU? I think so, and good riddance.

And when the real trouble begins. Germany will simply not put up with. (the uk are wimps in this respect)

Merkel will be saying "multiculturism and migrant infuxes has been detrimental to the German way of life and does not work" mark my words.

...the EU is good in principal, all we need to do is get rid of the free riders....rich and poor. ;)

Business plan?

1) A cheap cattle truck

2) Lots of tents

3) A place near a port to site the tents

4) Bank account for transfers to the EU

Charge them a decent wedge for a trip over, rent them a tent and postal address so they can claim benefits, charge them a fee for transferring some of their benefit money to family back home.

You couldn't be more wrong on this one...

Multiculturism caused by Poles in Germany? How?

The German and Polish nations have been mixing for the last 1000 years! At the moment over 3 millions of Germans are of Polish descent.

In fact, their two top national footballers - Podolski and Klose - are Polish! B)

I would love to think that this benefits policy works both ways, and that I can simply relocate to somewhere sunny such as Spain and receive full benefits. It would be nice to spend the summer on the beach.

rolleyes.gif

You couldn't be more wrong on this one...

Multiculturism caused by Poles in Germany? How?

The German and Polish nations have been mixing for the last 1000 years! At the moment over 3 millions of Germans are of Polish descent.

In fact, their two top national footballers - Podolski and Klose - are Polish! B)

Germany taking over Poland?

It will only be done by Germany for its own interest. The German work ethic is on par with Japan's that is one of the reasons these two countries have succeeded so well. Both countries currently have negative population growths, any infux of migration will cause riots. Mark my words.

I am becoming more and more depressed being called English (or Welsh my parentage) as we let our country be taken by anyone one who wants it. I would never class myself as "British" it is just degrading.

Germany taking over Poland?

It will only be done by Germany for its own interest. The German work ethic is on par with Japan's that is one of the reasons these two countries have succeeded so well. Both countries currently have negative population growths, any infux of migration will cause riots. Mark my words.

I am becoming more and more depressed being called English (or Welsh my parentage) as we let our country be taken by anyone one who wants it. I would never class myself as "British" it is just degrading.

....are you feeling used and abused? ;)

I would love to think that this benefits policy works both ways, and that I can simply relocate to somewhere sunny such as Spain and receive full benefits. It would be nice to spend the summer on the beach.

rolleyes.gif

Just take your UK benefits with you.

yougov

Love the pic on that page, looks like they're just setting off.

dg_076418.jpg

Edited by beccles