House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ungeared

£165,000

I guess the vendor's heart wasn't really in creating a nice family home, what with the fruit machine in one of the room and the kid's large wendy house in the garden. :rolleyes:

Edit: spelling.

Edited by MattW

This is a semi!! I'm assuming the bit that hasn't been demolished and half rebuilt is housing another family!

Talk about neighbours from hell!! :blink:

Given the toys that are strewn around I'm just astonished that someone thought it was ok for clearly very young children to live in what is effectively a building site. Accident waiting to happen. Some 'parents' ! :angry:

It has a lot of "potential"! :blink::lol:

Where are the twigs?

Given the toys that are strewn around I'm just astonished that someone thought it was ok for clearly very young children to live in what is effectively a building site. Accident waiting to happen. Some 'parents' ! :angry:

Kids in general are accidents waiting to happen. I grew up on many a building site like this, you soon learnt what to and not to touch. A bit of muck is good for them and having hazards pressent promotes risk awareness and common sense.

Of course leaving circular saws and the like plugged in and accessable is asking for trouble.

I turned out alright, have all my digits and faculties...:blink::lol::huh:

Cosy, unique, Book early to avoid disappointment, deceptively spacious etc.

Does have one wall missing!

Just reading another article about a potential of a 20% drop in prices!

Sounds about right to me, but I actually want to buy a place myself this year! :huh::blink:

I'm quite happy to take on a doer-upper, but totally unfinished is WRONG!

Cosy, unique, Book early to avoid disappointment, deceptively spacious etc.

You forgot to mention it ticks all the boxes.

Some smart investor will 'snap it up', spend another 50K on it and rent it out for a massive 3.75% annual gross yield.

You can't go wrong with bricks and mortar.

I agree if they are toddlers ... but I think its very easy to go to far in the opposite direction.

At the age of 7 I was moved with my younger siblings (4,5) to an old farm house in Wales in which we had great fun helping my father out with building works etc. as well as clearing the overgrown small holding and rearing animals.

I learnt to look after many types of animals. Use a lot of 'dangerous' tools (machete, saw, drill, hammer). Learnt how to wire sockets/light switches/light fittings in my early teens. And of course learn how to operate tracked excavators and drive 4x4s (many of my mums friends would ask me to turn their cars round on our yard - especially if they had come with trailers/horse boxes). This was all before the age of 14.

Not once did I have a serious injury caused by living on a building site (a few minor ones - falling out of trees, burns, falling through a barn roof, crashing my scrambler, falling off of loaded hay trailers, being kicked/bitten by or falling off of animals).

A guy at work was explaining how he couldn't come bowling this week as he had hurt his wrist drilling a hole in his sons wall as he didn't know how to use a drill - his son is 22!

Edited by dan harper

"The property is ideally suited for a cash investor/developer."

:blink::lol:

Edited by headmelter