House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Number79

From The Mouths Of Babes

My daughter told me yesterday that she is a christian, she proclaimed

"Daddy, I am a christian because I believe in god, jesus, the easter bunny and father christmas."

That says so many things on so many levels and pretty much says it all for me.

I am stuck with something though. Am I an atheist because I dont believe in god and jesus or am I a god because I am the easter bunny and father christmas? :lol:

"Daddy, I am a christian because I believe in god, jesus, the easter bunny and father christmas."

I am stuck with something though. Am I an atheist because I dont believe in god and jesus or am I a god because I am the easter bunny and father christmas? :lol:

You should tell kids they get their eggs Monday not Sunday, then nip down Tesco Monday morning and get them all half price.

You should tell kids they get their eggs Monday not Sunday, then nip down Tesco Monday morning and get them all half price.

If you had the sense to wait until today then everything is at least half price anyway. It seems that the supermarkts dont see chocolate egg day as anything special either.

I have now hidden eggs all around the house for my little one to discover.

Fortunately I will not have to explain the none sense behind chocolate egg day because she will just be happy with the eggs.

I did spend some time pointing out the facts that jesus may never have existed but the state conditioning is so strong that she couldnt even consider it, yet, but I am a grown up and have time so we shall see.

Interesting.

What does it say "for" you? You need to explain that.

And what will your daughter say to that explanation? You will probably be surprised by her answer - if you bother to think through the explanation, and then bother to put it to her.

Get back to us.

Disappointing. I thought this was gonna involve holy birds in bikinis. :(

Not relevant to the OPs post , but when I were a lad (a long time ago) , we used to boil

(hens) eggs , and paint them , with ordinary water colours . always a competitive thing

with the neighbours kids. Then we (our family) would go to avenham/miller park which

was on the edge of the Ribble valley ie part of them was on a steep hill , as a picnic .

We used to roll each egg down the hill until the shell broke, then peeled it off and ate it.

This was supposed to symbolise the removal of the stone at the entrance to the tomb

(according to my mother iirc) .

It was a good family day out .

cheers,

rockhopper

Well that's Christianity explained then! :unsure:

Not relevant to the OPs post , but when I were a lad (a long time ago) , we used to boil

(hens) eggs , and paint them , with ordinary water colours . always a competitive thing

with the neighbours kids. Then we (our family) would go to avenham/miller park which

was on the edge of the Ribble valley ie part of them was on a steep hill , as a picnic .

We used to roll each egg down the hill until the shell broke, then peeled it off and ate it.

This was supposed to symbolise the removal of the stone at the entrance to the tomb

cheers,

rockhopper

Also painted hard boiled eggs as a kid. Didn't go the whole hog and roll them down a hill though.

cheers,

rockhopper

my kids still do that now at kindergarten. Has that tradition gone out of fashion in the UK?