House Price Crash Forum
Roseland69

13 Foot 6 Wide, 2 Beds

Tbh I'm thinking these kinds of properties or rather boxes are advertised at an obsene price merely to get attention and thus exposure. Sort of like an intentional Streisand effect. In that it has obviously worked here hasn't it?

Massive rear garden. Would appeal to a divorcee into horticulture. :D

PS. Nice village? Do you know Arkesden?

Yes, its not too far away from where I am now. Very pretty, lots of thatched cottages and a good pub.

But this place just looks a bit silly to me, like something from Trumpton!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-18633024.html

Its in a nice village I know, but still. I guess if narrow is your thing, its fabulous! Built on someone's driveway maybe?

Surely it would have been better to build the house at the back where the garden is and use the land where that house is as a private drive.

I have just shown these pictures to my Filipino girlfriend. She's never been to the UK. She asked, in all sincerity, if it was a house for dwarves :lol:

Had the house been in built on the land at the back it could have been twice the size, very private with excellent views (possibly justifying the price)- instead of being an object of ridicule.

Imagine the fun to be had together with net users in low-cost-base parts of the world (such as the Philippines) showing them the comedy that is the Western property bubble.

The home my girlfriend had built in Luzon is four times the size of this one, at only 10% of the cost. When are the British going to wake up and realize that HPI means jobs being off-shored?

Edited by nmarks

Before the build...

Seems totally effing ridiculous to me. Why is planning law so retarded wrt the conservation of perfectly good land, as to allow this kind of shit to be built.

Edit: It also has to be said that the person that sold of their garden and developed this are ******ing morons.

Edited by the.ciscokid

Before the build...

Seems totally effing ridiculous to me. Why is planning law so retarded wrt the conservation of perfectly good land, as to allow this kind of shit to be built.

Edit: It also has to be said that the person that sold of their garden and developed this are ******ing morons.

a house in a driveway.

Totally ridiculous.

Still, there are plenty of people to put up the money for it,and banks eager to give you the loan.

Whoever allowed this monstrosity to be build should be sacked.

Or forced to live in it. :)

Surely it would have been better to build the house at the back where the garden is and use the land where that house is as a private drive.

Had the house been in built on the land at the back it could have been twice the size, very private with excellent views (possibly justifying the price)- instead of being an object of ridicule.

Surely there must have been a reason for this?

There's usually an ******** planner behind every stupid looking building in the UK....

Before the build...

Looks like bloke in house to the right was the builder maybe?

This house has to rank as one of the stupidest ideas at the stupidest prices ever.

I wouldn't even pay 34k for that. Because it looks horrible from the outside no matter how nice the interior is. Then add on the fact it's obviously built on someones driveway and you have more reasons than you need.

I'm willing to bet this is reverse psychology, by pricing at 340k maybe someone will be dumb enough to pay 170k for it. Then add on the fact it's made of cheap materials, only the foundation is built with bricks. A house that small you can bet there is no proper insulation in the walls, maybe no wall cavity at all.

Surely that's the original house, next door to the titchy one.

BTW, the titchy one sold for £351,846 in June 2012 (and £321,501 in April 2008).

That price is for the terraced three bed, yes they're now asking £625k.

The titchy two bed has according to Zoopla sold as follows, June 2012 £250,000, May 2013 £249,999, September 2013 £285,000. I wonder what that will be on for?

That price is for the terraced three bed, yes they're now asking £625k.

The titchy two bed has according to Zoopla sold as follows, June 2012 £250,000, May 2013 £249,999, September 2013 £285,000. I wonder what that will be on for?

Oops, quite right. 3 bedder is 4 Stag Lane, titchy house is 4a. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/IG9/Stag-Lane.html