House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Freeview Reception

I am in kent and I have been without channel 4, itv2, 5, e4 and a few other channels on freeview for a couple of days. Other channels just breakup. Is it due to the weather? I did see on the news there is a smog cloud over london.

Do keep a regular retune process in place as they are changing frequencies and adding new channels and a few other bits n bobs which affect you like strengthening signal by tweaking it in the run up to full digital swicjover

I had to get a booster for each tuner as I was getting annoying drop-outs, no problems now. Always used to break up more during hot weather, and some channels stayed fine so I think they must be at different individual strengths, radio channels were usually weak.

The tuners were both fine before switch-over so my cynical side suggests they were being given more power for a brief period to make people think it was a permanently good signal.

It should all improve drastically when they actually start switching off analog. I read that Emley Moor my transmitter will boost MUX power considerably. Of course that is the theory and it probably won't make much difference, but some MUX's at present are like watching Youtube video's.

Not had any problems (in the north west), but it seems to need retuning every few days in order to keep them all there as the shuffling around seems pretty continuous.