House Price Crash Forum
brassed off brit

Well, Ciggy Was Right

Ok, those of you that remember ciggy(cygnao) also remember his gold to the moon prophecy 1.5k and above. well he has been proved right as with everything else he said.

However I was thinking about this and want the more intelligent of you to explain to me how the banks and money men are to exploit this bubble as they did the property boom.

After all they wrapped mortgages up into exotic investments.

Surely they will find a way to bundle "gold" or "paper gold" into another suckers boom, where everyone has gold but no'one knows who has the "real" metal?

Will this be where the last suckers rally begins, and the end of the fiat illusion begins too.

Or will there always be another bubble that we can't foresee?

Mushroom clouds awaited!

Mods delete if turns into another gold bug thread! want real answers to how the banks will take advantage.

Mods delete if turns into another gold bug thread! want real answers to how the banks will take advantage.

Business as usual, i.e. they make promises on paper on things which they don't have. Original paper money being we have X amount of gold, your paper entitles you to claim Y amount of gold.

I think they'll sell more paper gold and silver to the general public when it gets to the mania phase. Also they benefit right now according to some theories. When JPM or GS lose money they go blackmail the government to give/print them some more money to make good the losses.

They turn the resulting chaos into power.

is it just me or have we moved to this bit?

I have no expectations of a full on wiping out of the state for all time, what I see coming down the pike for most of the western world is a dramatic reduction is the size and scope of the states powers and place in society. Ironically, this will also come when the power and reach of the state seems to increase beyond all measure overtly.

http://injinsalternativeuniverse.blogspot.com/2009/01/state-failure.html

so how do i set up a estate agency selling paper gold..l.o.l. don't answer I know you can't ! that's the preserve of the bankers etc.....what a surprise!

Well if you manage to corner the market like the hunt brothers they'll change the laws to their advantage and stick you in prison where you'll be shanked in the first week.

The way i see this playing out it this, China is trying to win friends in Africa( wonder why?) introduces its own gold standard at an all time gold high.

investers flock to the new "gold backed currency" for obvious reasons, China becomes new superpower overtaking america and down the line ditches the gold standard as america did!

round and round we go.

Yes.

The only question is if people seize their freedom.

Nope china becomes the new west, introduces democracy when everyone wants to go there! the west degrades into police states trying to stop people leaving in order to keep their workers.

People want security until they are the risk!

Ok, those of you that remember ciggy(cygnao) also remember his gold to the moon prophecy 1.5k and above. well he has been proved right as with everything else he said.

However I was thinking about this and want the more intelligent of you to explain to me how the banks and money men are to exploit this bubble as they did the property boom.

After all they wrapped mortgages up into exotic investments.

Surely they will find a way to bundle "gold" or "paper gold" into another suckers boom, where everyone has gold but no'one knows who has the "real" metal?

Will this be where the last suckers rally begins, and the end of the fiat illusion begins too.

Or will there always be another bubble that we can't foresee?

Mushroom clouds awaited!

Not a bubble yet though but PMs are the next bubble alright. The system can't function without bubbles. Silver is the one IMO.

I guess gold/silver are an attractive proposition because you can put them in a hole you dug, plead poverty, and claim benefits.

From an economic/financial POV though, id prefer to be in oil/gas/non pm commidities and stocks though, think gold/silver, though likely to appreciate over the next 5/10 years, have got a bit ahead of themselves atm.

Genuine question from me ?

What would happen to house prices / lending if the comex defaulted on silver / its price went parabolic

Would everyone and thier dad forget house purchases to get that ever increasing commodity.... or

would they not be able to /choose not to buy buy because banks would have reduced lending dramatically due to the global shock ?

Dollar collapse 100% Guaranteed. Protect yourselves.

Nuclear-Explosion-001.jpg

iphone_10.jpg

Ziggy also had the Iphone 30 years before it was released, although he could time travel.

QUOTE (Perishabull @ Nov 21 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of us first came upon what first appeared to be an eccentric poster on HPC, the majority kept an eye on what was being said, some ridiculed, some listened. Some, perhaps like I, listened with a healthy dose of skepticism. Then, gradually, one by one, we are starting to realise that this person doesn't actually need to be on this forum for their own gain. The person has a strong intellect but a stronger heart. The person puts up with the ignorant nonsense that spills from some of our mouths yet retains the faculty to alert others.

Day by day, week by week, month by month the person is proving, despite the ridicule, to be correct. My impression is that because the person was so early and we all perceive these events in slow motion it becomes more difficult to fully accept and understand what is occurring right before our own eyes. We are inside the event, it is much easier to understand it from outside.

I believe we ought to give thanks and I believe this belief will grow as time marches on, and the person is proved to be more correct as time passes.

QUOTE (Perishabull @ Nov 21 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of us first came upon what first appeared to be an eccentric poster on HPC, the majority kept an eye on what was being said, some ridiculed, some listened. Some, perhaps like I, listened with a healthy dose of skepticism. Then, gradually, one by one, we are starting to realise that this person doesn't actually need to be on this forum for their own gain. The person has a strong intellect but a stronger heart. The person puts up with the ignorant nonsense that spills from some of our mouths yet retains the faculty to alert others.

Day by day, week by week, month by month the person is proving, despite the ridicule, to be correct. My impression is that because the person was so early and we all perceive these events in slow motion it becomes more difficult to fully accept and understand what is occurring right before our own eyes. We are inside the event, it is much easier to understand it from outside.

I believe we ought to give thanks and I believe this belief will grow as time marches on, and the person is proved to be more correct as time passes.

As you say it's been a long drawn out process and one that has an unpredictable time line but it is happening. It's like car crash tv but one frame at a time. I don't want to watch it but can't keep my eyes off it.

Edited by sandster

As you say it's been a long drawn out process and one that has an unpredictable time line but it is happening. It's like car crash tv but one frame at a time. I don't want to watch it but can't keep my eyes off it.

I would like to know what he thinks about the bailouts and the endgame, he seemed to know everything up to the point of the big economic bang with the banks collapsing. However he dissapeared from the forum before then.

So if your still checking out the forum cygnao, how about a post for old times sake.

I would like to know what he thinks about the bailouts and the endgame, he seemed to know everything up to the point of the big economic bang with the banks collapsing. However he dissapeared from the forum before then.

So if your still checking out the forum cygnao, how about a post for old times sake.

he repeated many times, that they will try to contain it, but they cant.

The end game is collapse and poverty for the middle classes.

100% guaranteed.

He still posts occasionally at the other place that cannot be mentioned.

Guest spp

Not a bubble yet though but PMs are the next bubble alright. The system can't function without bubbles. Silver is the one IMO.

Good luck with those bits of paper.

Ultimate

cgnao posted a short update just last week 'elsewhere'.

They turn the resulting chaos into power.
The only question is if people seize their freedom.
Dollar collapse 100% Guaranteed. Protect yourselves.

This reads like the plot of one of the most woeful books I've read in a long time (it was so bad I abandoned its corpus in a Denny's in the midwest in a fit of self indulgent irony).

Nothing personal, just sayin'.

he repeated many times, that they will try to contain it, but they cant.

The end game is collapse and poverty for the middle classes.

100% guaranteed.

+1.

To me, as a long time reader here, this is the most interesting part of HPC. The tipping point of HPC was reached with "will the HPC be in gold or sterling"? To me it was obviously in gold but there was many who said cash is king, Realist bear being most vocal. The gold and silver crowd turned out correct even though they were banned and the cash is king crowd foolishly keep telling us that the HPC in sterling is just round the corner while Merv keeps printing. I had emails from cgnao (which will remain private) where he told me of what was to come. Yes there will be those that mock him but so far he has been correct even if the details are debateable.