House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Well, That's The Country Shut Down For 3 Weeks

Dunno ... I work from home so am not terribly bothered by bank holidays etc...

I barely know when school holidays are due - it always comes as a suprise when my lad says "oh yeah we break up tomorrow"...

:)

I did hear on the radio that it's 12 days off for lots of people ...

By taking 3 days holiday next week. Many people can have 12 days off with the Easter bank holidays plus the wedding day bonus day and the following week bank hol Monday....

Forthe estate agents in our town it is due to be the busiest time of year for them .... Laugh I did once out of the door of theonewho said that

By taking 3 days holiday next week. Many people can have 12 days off with the Easter bank holidays plus the wedding day bonus day and the following week bank hol Monday....

I have to confess to being a semi-public sector* slacker who has done precisely that. All I can say in my defence is that in my previous life working in the cinema industry, I would have been guaranteed to work 14-hour shifts straight through the forthcoming holiday period. In some ways I quite enjoyed it - no family rows and so on, and a lot of our customers were people coming to escape the precise same syndrome. A Kinoton DP-70 projector does not shout at you when you press the motor start button while monumentally hung over, unlike a family member of an older generation if you attempt to interact with them in a similar state.

* The 'semi' is because the income of my employing organisation comes partly from the taxpayer (around 30%) and partly from other sources (70%).

Ah! That makes sense! I've been wondering why all the car parks are so empty while it's school holiday...

Presumably a lot of people will be taking their kids out of school for the Easter/Wedding week, for a holiday, so they don't use up so much of their annual leave?

Normally you can't get a parking space anywhere till late afternoon in the school holidays - I'd been wondering if belt tightening meant people hadn't been going into the city, or if petrol peices were affecting car usage - but actually it's probably judicious use of annual leave?

Or should I say just the office types?

Yes.

We're not getting the royal wedding day, and the May day Monday is postponed until the end of the month.

I'm working 3 days next week (just got back from a 2 week hol !). I'm working the following week as well, bar easter mon.

I'm looking forward to an easy commute, easy parking, and a quiet office. We were Cyprus at the beginning of this week, and there was a noticeable surge in UK holidaymakers from last sat onwards.

We're off for the summer in a couple of weeks and I've just realised that there are only five more normal weekdays before we leave instead of eight.

It's going to be a bit tight buying all the bits and pieces I want, I've just had to cancel an online order because there aren't enough working days to guarantee delivery before we go.