House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chronyx

Claiming Ssp

I'm going to have an operation on my feet next week and be off work for weeks after.

I've never claimed anything before - does anyone know how to go about claiming SSP 'in the real world'?

Cheers!

I'm going to have an operation on my feet next week and be off work for weeks after.

I've never claimed anything before - does anyone know how to go about claiming SSP 'in the real world'?

Cheers!

Through your employer.

Get sick notes, send to work. After 28 weeks either go back or get nowt (unless the company pays). After 28 weeks if you don't go back they can terminate your contract. Check to see if yor company has a private sick scheme.

Get sick notes, send to work. After 28 weeks either go back or get nowt (unless the company pays). After 28 weeks if you don't go back they can terminate your contract. Check to see if yor company has a private sick scheme.

Thank you! :)

Get doctors notes. When one runs out, get another. You should be able to get them from the hospital after your operation. Don't get too excited though. SSP is almost nothing - £81.60 a week. If you're paying rent etc. you could have problems. Contact your HR dept and see what provisions your company makes.

Good luck with the operation. Been off for most of the last 6 months myself with a ruptured (and reruptured + operated on) achilles tendon. :(

Thank you. Hope you recover soon. This is just to correct my little toes which need straightening as the side of the nail bed hits the ground rather than the bottom of the toe. No good for running and being on my feet all day!