House Price Crash Forum

Potty! Council Workers Fill Pothole...with Wheel Still In It

HOLA441

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/green-scene/potty_council_workers_fill_pothole_with_wheel_still_in_it_1_3308988

CRAZY council road workers filled in a pothole on a Sheffield street - around the wheel of a van which was parked in it.

Potty workmen only partly tarred the foot-long pothole on Badger Road in Woodhouse - because one tyre of Simon Linfoot’s van was parked in it.

Rather than ask Simon to move his vehicle so they could fill in all of the hole, the bungling contractors simply daubed tar around his wheel in the parts of the crater they could reach.

When Simon drove off in his LDV Pilot van, he left the remainder of the pothole behind.

“Our Street Force team will deal with it today - providing there are not any vehicles covering the hole.”

2035529661.jpg

Not sure if the council are still providing this service in Sheffield or if it's down to the PFI contract.

Got to love the council response to this I wonder if it was said with a straight face?

Now this is quality work I'm sure we can all appreciate.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I'm in Staffordshire and they have only just got round

to filling the pot holes round my way. Same method

used. Chalked up the holes about a month ago and

have filled them to the same shoddy standard , in fact

the vandal that I am I was able to kick out the repair

on one hole with my boot... filled it with spit and mud

that should hold better :D

HOLA445

I'm in Staffordshire and they have only just got round

to filling the pot holes round my way. Same method

used. Chalked up the holes about a month ago and

have filled them to the same shoddy standard , in fact

the vandal that I am I was able to kick out the repair

on one hole with my boot... filled it with spit and mud

that should hold better :D

As with the social workers thing, if they fixed them to a good standard so that they lasted a long time then the road repair crews would be out of work.

HOLA446

What's the problem, the van could still move! They didn't take the wheel off and throw it in the hole to save on tar.

Round here, Cambridgeshire, the local Quickfit has seen a massive increase in damaged tyres in need of replacement. My neighbour, a retired gentleman wrecked two tyres in one trip to the shops at the other end of the village. Maybe Quickfit could sell the tyres for shredding and mixing with tar to fill the holes in the road?

Actually that tyre doesn't look too good tread-wise, I hope no rozzers read this site!

HOLA447
HOLA448

It says it was contractors that did the work.

I had my street done a few weeks ago - They turned up at 12pm done about 2 hours work and then went off. I know they probably didn't do any more work that day because they came back the next day and continued where they left off.

If they only do a few hours a week, it's no wonder they've only just been round to fix them.

HOLA449

Such a grand name for pot hole fillers - and getting on for 4 months after the snow.

Street Force sounds like something that should be fronted by Alan Titchmarsh and Charlie Dimmock.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

If I was PM, I'd sack the lot of them, street workers ("this'll do, no off t' pub"), management ("another target met"), council leader ("time to raise council tax") - the lot. Just sack them root and branch.

HOLA4415

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/star-bizarre/now_council_workmen_fill_in_sheffield_pothole_with_remains_of_rabbit_carcass_1_3322626

Now Ecclesfield taxi driver Carl Garnham, aged 41, has revealed he was shocked to find a newly-repaired pothole on Mortimer Road, between Dale Dyke and Strines Reservoir, with the rabbit’s body sticking out from under the tarmac.

He said: “I was out with a friend heading to the Strines pub when we parked to admire the view – and saw the pothole.

“At the time we laughed a little about it and thought that the council workers who had filled in the hole had maybe a strange sense of humour or perhaps were running out of tar.

I wonder if the crews are having some sort of strange competition in Sheffield?

Archived