House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Uk Judge Gives Worldwide Gagging Order Over Tv Star Affair

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8464639/Married-TV-star-wins-worldwide-gagging-order-from-judge.html

Mr Justice Eady, who has been at the centre of most recent controversial libel and privacy cases, made the injunction “against the world” rather than just against national newspapers and broadcasters.

His order seeks to prevent the publication of “intimate photographs” of a married public figure after a woman tried to sell them for a “large sum of money”.

The judge said the woman “owed” the claimant, identified only as OPQ, a “duty of confidence” and breaching his privacy would damage the health of the man and his family.

His order is intended to cover discussion of the case online as well as in traditional media, despite the difficulties in enforcing it.

The injunction contra mundum is intended to be never-ending and, as its Latin name suggests, applies to the entire world.

If you are scared about being outed for an affair keep your pecker in your trousers and just have fun with the wife.

These orders seems quite pointless as I assume this person will already have been named somewhere online, and once the name is on the internet it's impossible for it to remain secret.

This is an example of another crap Labour law just for the elites.

I'm amazed judges even bother trying. Technology has beaten them.

Does that mean if I know who the "celeb" is, I can't name him on here?

You certainly wouldn't want to name and shame them, but you could derail the thread and tell us which celebrity is your current favourite sportsman, TV star or politician...

I'm thinking half the premier league probably believe this ruling has something to do with their right to deep throat.

I have no idea who the lady and gentleman caught up in this sordid affair are, i guess it would be against the gagging order to get this info?

It's no secret, I thought.

(Allegedly) a certain Welsh footballing superstar, and I'm not talking about Robbie Savage. He's been playing for about 100 years in the Premier League.

Can you bit a bit more specific without going out this becoming something of a winger and a prayer? Obviously, I don't want anything coming from left field.

What would happen if I typed here on this very thread, who I think it is?

Would SWAT teams descend on my office and take me out?

It's ******ing nuts - super injunction my anus-hole.

Why do they think they are SO important that they can have their errors covered up like this?

(or not covered up particularly well)

I mean - if you've kept it a secret from the wife and then the mistress gets uppity and wants to go public you have ONLY yourself to blame.

"Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it"

Oh wait - he liked his wife enough to give her the ring...

Curse you beyonce for not providing me with lyrics to cope with these things!

:)

(I watched the flash mob of the beyonce song earlier...scary)

Yes. But is all over Sky News that Dowie's kids are now getting mercilessly bulied at school. Although they have yet to decide if it's connected to my revelation.

heeeeey yooooou guuuuys

1294526779.jpg

Guest eight

It's no secret, I thought.

(Allegedly) a certain Welsh footballing superstar, and I'm not talking about Robbie Savage. He's been playing for about 100 years in the Premier League.

Am I alone in finding this about as interesting as Andy Gray's voicemail messages?

eight

He's gone way down in my estimations tbh, not because he cheated on his wife with a Z list non-entity, but because of taking this action to protect his fairly 'clean cut' image (endorsement revenue). Surely this has drawn more attention to the affair?

It's like tiger woods apologising for sticking it in thousands of pretty women. he should have just accepted being dropped by nike & admitted he liked sticking it in thousands of pretty women. Instead of the pathetic grovelling "i'm gonna get me some help" ******** and maintaining his duller than dull "ahhhm tiger woods get in da hole" golfing nerd boy persona. I'm sure one of the other sportswear brands (kappa?!) would have snapped him up and he could have been an edgy rock 'n roll golfing lothario legend. (if thats even possible)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8464639/Married-TV-star-wins-worldwide-gagging-order-from-judge.html

If you are scared about being outed for an affair keep your pecker in your trousers and just have fun with the wife.

These orders seems quite pointless as I assume this person will already have been named somewhere online, and once the name is on the internet it's impossible for it to remain secret.

This is an example of another crap Labour law just for the elites.

I'm amazed judges even bother trying. Technology has beaten them.

This injunction is farcial. So if someone in the Congo publishes details of this case on the web then they would then be suject to British 'justice.' What a joke! Or how about an American, seems we have trouble extraditing them! Can't be enforced. This judge should lose his job for bringing the legal system into disrepute with his comedy rulings.

Am I alone in finding this about as interesting as Andy Gray's voicemail messages?

eight

I'm with you. Sports professional has sex with a woman who is not his wife - what a shock. I may just die of boredom. Hope court time was paid for by this man and not the tax payer.

I don't really care which footballer has been "playing away", going with whores, doing drugs, or whatever else.

But what is scary to me about these new "super-injunctions", where no-one is even allowed to say that there IS an injunction in place, is that they can equally be applied to other stories, where there might well be a genuine and worthwhile "public interest".

See the "Trafigura" case for an example.

Fortunately. the truth will out, though, the UK courts cannot tell the rest of the world what to do, can they?

Can you bit a bit more specific without going out this becoming something of a winger and a prayer? Obviously, I don't want anything coming from left field.

I think it's this one:

PC-Reg-Hollis-the-bill-379121_336_420.jpg

How many Welsh women play for Man United?

Oops

No, that was injunction for the big bruvver bird.

Giggidy giggidy ;)

This is the one granted today. Affair between female presenter and ex footballer come footie pundit

Giggidy giggidy ;)

This is the one granted today. Affair between female presenter and ex footballer come footie pundit

That would be the one from the link in this post?

Giggidy giggidy ;)

I wonder if there's a link to the Tiger Woods one?