House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Latest Mortgage Approvals

Down from 47K to 44K according to Forex Factory. Spring bounce cancelled then?

That's not how The BBC are reporting it though...

"UK mortgage lending rose 21% in March, CML says"

According to them, we're all saved! Huzzah!

Was an article in the Daily Express the other day by Jane Matthews I think? Claiming the house prices were going to 'soar' this year by as much as £10,000 as a flood of new buyers come to the market and a limited supply restricts the market. I had to stop reading it!

There are numerous mortgage indices that get quoted. This is fresh data today, based on preliminary figures, so different from whatever the CML were going on about (and the BBC furiously spinning) yesterday. Someone much smarter than I will arrive soon to bring clarity to this. I just wanted to draw attention to the data.

Was an article in the Daily Express the other day by Jane Matthews I think? Claiming the house prices were going to 'soar' this year by as much as £10,000 as a flood of new buyers come to the market and a limited supply restricts the market. I had to stop reading it!

I can't blame you, that'll be all the new buyers who can't raise the finance and the limited supply of houses sitting idle for months-(York, 2 or more beds, £70 - 170k, houses only, non retirement available for sale as per rightmove search)

New Bitmap Image.bmp

New Bitmap Image.bmp

Edited by zebbedee

These are BOE preliminary approval figures. Different from the CML which was gross mortgage lending.

The previous BOE figure was 43k so this is up to 44k. The previous figure you see on FF is the final BOE approval figure which is a different release, the two are not comparable.

When the BOE release it's final figure FF will show the preliminary figure as the previous again these is incorrect and they are not comparing like for like.

Try and rememeber this for next month so I don't have to repeat my self again!

These are BOE preliminary approval figures. Different from the CML which was gross mortgage lending.

The previous BOE figure was 43k so this is up to 44k. The previous figure you see on FF is the final BOE approval figure which is a different release, the two are not comparable.

When the BOE release it's final figure FF will show the preliminary figure as the previous again these is incorrect and they are not comparing like for like.

Try and rememeber this for next month so I don't have to repeat my self again!

Can't find the emoticon for sheepish apology / hanging head in shame...