House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrMartinSanchez

H M Treasury Email Scam

Just received the following email. :D

Posting it here for everyone to enjoy:

HM Serial Number: 768369

BATCH No: HM/03/2011/UK

Amount Awarded: £550,000.00 GBP

Attn Beneficiary: We are pleased to announce to you that your Email Was

selected at random as one of the individuals to be compensated with the sum

of £550,000.00 GBP by the Royal House of Treasury (H.M TREASURY).Do Contact

the Below Details via his personal email for immediate Claim:

Name: George Osborne MP (Chancellor)

Email: georgeosborne_0@hotmail.co.uk

You are advised to provide Chancellor George Osborne with the following

accurate information of yours,

for claim: YOUR FULL NAMES/ ADDRESS /COUNTRY /HM SERIAL NUMBER / PHONE

NUMBER/ AGE.

Have a nice day and Hope you use this Money profitably.

Signed,John Thompson,

Finance Director,HM Treasury.

The sender's IP address is 41.205.171.11, Nigeria.

Ha,

My joy was short-lived today when an email arrived telling me of a significant tax refund from HMCR.

I wonder how many people will click on the link to 'filoglubranda dot com' and give up personal details.

HMRC would just pay any refund into your bank account, and would most likely write or at least use the 'registered' email.

B@stards.

Ha,

My joy was short-lived today when an email arrived telling me of a significant tax refund from HMCR.

I wonder how many people will click on the link to 'filoglubranda dot com' and give up personal details.

HMRC would just pay any refund into your bank account, and would most likely write or at least use the 'registered' email.

B@stards.

But, in my experience, they wouldn't do it till a year after you'd died, when Hell had frozen over.:ph34r:

Received another email today, about a fake job.

The original email had my real name... I presume the scammer obtained my contact details on recruitment websites.

Looks like someone harvesting for possible MLM / Pyramid scheme candidates.

Dear Martin Sanchez,

My name is Nick Jackson. I represent Chelp Group LLC After reviewing your CV we suppose that you can be a good fit for our Independent agent opening. We are expanding our payment processing position by accepting applicants with different background and we believe you have the potential to be an excellent match for this position.

We are seeking for goal-oriented candidates like you. Your earnings after first year with advances and bonuses could range from 30000 GBP to 45000 GBP. You don’t need any extra skills or experience. The on-line training is provided to assist you in maximizing your earning potential.

If are motivated to build a career and significant lifestyle over the next 4-5 years we can offer you a home-based position of Payment Processing agent.

Our position offers training, support and a pay scale equal to entry level position requiring 40 hours per week. If you are interested in this job with our Company and would like to learn more regarding this employment offer, please send an e-mail in reply to this message with your contact information and a phone number to reach you at.

Our representative will contact you from our corporate e-mail domain within the next 2 business days.

Sincerely yours,

Nick Jackson

Chelp Group LLC

Feel free to use the scammer's email and mess him around, if you're into this sort of thing.

Received another email today, about a fake job.

The original email had my real name... I presume the scammer obtained my contact details on recruitment websites.

Looks like someone harvesting for possible MLM / Pyramid scheme candidates.

Feel free to use the scammer's email and mess him around, if you're into this sort of thing.

That's for a position as a money mule for a phishing gang. You receive the stolen money into your account, and you send it by western union to them. That way, when the victim discovers their account has been emptied and reverses the transfer out, you are the one who ends up out of pocket, not them.

In another variant, they order goods with stolen credit cards and get them sent to your address. You then forward them on out of the country.

Lots of weird scams landing in my inbox lately :wacko:

Not sure what this one is about, I suspect an e-book / pyramid scheme...

From: "Mark Zuckerberg No 2 required" <michael@rockstarit.co.uk>

Hi Mark Zuckerberg "No 2" (I Hope),

I'm emailing you as I'm currently recruiting for a brand new venture that is funded,

backed and developed by an extremely successful; well known entrepreneur. This man

is worth in the billions and has 3 successful IPO's under his belt.

This venture is unique in the way of ideas and cutting edge in the way of

technologies, the current team is of a Genius nature that have there sites set

higher than most could envisage.

Looking at your CV I'm confident you have a place with this company, Even if you are

not actively looking, this is an opportunity that is worth considering as I'm

confident this company are going to make history and millions in the process.

If you would like to see the job spec please let me know, if you would like to see

the Spec the investors profile and his portfolio of company's please send you're CV

and I will send you a detailed list of his success. [The guy doesn't seem to be friends with grammar.]

Kind Regards

Michael Taylor

Rock Star IT

Head Hunt Executive

If you have received this e-mail in error please delete and kindly notify us

immediately. Rock Star IT registered in the United Kingdom accepts no responsibility

for the contents of this email or any attachments.

To delete your details from our records please email Unsubscribe

There's no website at rockstarit.co.uk, but the WHOIS record shows it belongs to a Mr Vanner from London.

Feel free to apply for the job, if you'd like to become a "Mark Zuckerberg No 2" :P

Just received the following email. :D

The sender's IP address is 41.205.171.11, Nigeria.

How do you find out the IP and country of origin of an incoming email?

Apologies if I'm being really thick!

Thank you.

How do you find out the IP and country of origin of an incoming email?

Apologies if I'm being really thick!

Thank you.

When you send someone an email, it gets sent from server to server before reaching the recipient's inbox.

Each server will usually add their name and IP in the "header" (= hidden) part of the email.

When you open an email, look for an option called "view full headers" or similar.

If you know a computer IP address on the Internet, there are free online services to determine the country of origin:

http://www.geobytes.com/iplocator.htm

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp