House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Constable

Why Swap Silver For Gold Now With The Gold Silver Ratio At 34.47?

I think now is the time to swap some silver into gold.

I bought the majority of my silver at around £17per oz so that means that in reality an ounce of gold will now cost me around £550 an oz. as I have sold most of my silver on ebay at an average of £32per oz after fees.

I expect the gold/silver ratio to expand in the next year as many people who bought silver on the cheap try to get into the more stable metal.

Silver long term is still a cracking investment,but I don't want to buy at these prices as it has gone up far to quickly for my liking.

Personally I have ended up with a lot more money in silver than gold, primarily due to my limited budget which makes buying silver in ounce form easier. I can only buy 1/10 oz gold coins or half sovereigns, which incur a fair premium on the spot price. Definitely thinking of increasing my gold holding by selling a portion of my silver, to balance things up a bit.

The woman at the next bullion counter to mine at the Perth mint today bought 6 x 1/2 oz gold coins and 3 x 1 ounce gold coins in one transaction.All paid for in cash (A touch under $9000AUD).

Still plenty of demand for gold out there , even at it's current prices.

Edited by Ruffneck

I think now is the time to swap some silver into gold.

I bought the majority of my silver at around £17per oz so that means that in reality an ounce of gold will now cost me around £550 an oz. as I have sold most of my silver on ebay at an average of £32per oz after fees.

I expect the gold/silver ratio to expand in the next year as many people who bought silver on the cheap try to get into the more stable metal.

Silver long term is still a cracking investment,but I don't want to buy at these prices as it has gone up far to quickly for my liking.

Good plan, I am doing the same right now. My average cost per oz silver is 22-23£. I have sold approx 150 oz silver for average £35 mainly from eBay listings but when people send their best offer prices to me I just contact them and do the transaction out of eBay by bank transfer and cheque which means no fees. So I clear £35 per oz. I have bought three 1oz gold pamp suisse bars so far and will by two more at the end of the week. This will leave my collection with 60 oz silver 5oz gold ;)