House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

What Is It With Wales?

Reading the Wales boards is like revisiting 2005, with bulls, bull EAs (honourable exception I think is SwanseaEA), bulls and more bulls.

What's going on??????

You come here with your fancy 21st century ideas, bugger off back to the English boards, its different here. :D

:P

Reading the Wales boards is like revisiting 2005, with bulls, bull EAs (honourable exception I think is SwanseaEA), bulls and more bulls.

What's going on??????

It is the $hit hitting the fan moment and and they are squealing they think if they put there fingers in their ears and go la la la la la it will all go away but from where I`m standing it is only going to get worse ,the ar$e is falling out of the bottom end of the market and we all know that is the foundation`s of the pyramid ,it`s time for the EA`s to face reality ,I think a lot are fighting for their jobs

Employment is dire in the engineering and construction game so all that`s left is the public sector and retail ,with no one spending that don't look good for the retail side and the public sector must now be very worried

Employment is dire in the engineering and construction game so all that`s left is the public sector and retail ,with no one spending that don't look good for the retail side and the public sector must now be very worried

but doesn't sound like they are from here...???

Wales is special and you are just jealous. Jealous you are. Jealous.

It is complete madness. You would not believe the amount of rubbish I look at for 300K plus.

I saw a house come on the market today for 585K asking. I looked at it in 2004 when it was 235K asking and thought it was too much then. Modern house, in a nice area of Swansea but nothing special and way too close to a vry busy road. I didn't buy it but the people selling it now bought it for 220K.

They are completely deluded but you know what, they may get some mug buying it knowing the stupidity of people in Swansea.

But for 200K to 300K less than that you can buy a really lovely house near one of the local beaches in a much more chilled out area.

I think the reasons for this madness are 3-fold.

1. Public sector jobs.

2. Economic stupidity both from sellers and estate agents.

3. Pure greed combined with snobbery.

In the last month I have looked at about 30 houses all on for between 300K and 400K - I can't afford that - and every single one needed a minimum 50K of work if not 100K. These are ordinary houses in ordinary areas.

Wales is special and you are just jealous. Jealous you are. Jealous.

It is complete madness. You would not believe the amount of rubbish I look at for 300K plus.

I saw a house come on the market today for 585K asking. I looked at it in 2004 when it was 235K asking and thought it was too much then. Modern house, in a nice area of Swansea but nothing special and way too close to a vry busy road. I didn't buy it but the people selling it now bought it for 220K.

They are completely deluded but you know what, they may get some mug buying it knowing the stupidity of people in Swansea.

But for 200K to 300K less than that you can buy a really lovely house near one of the local beaches in a much more chilled out area.

I think the reasons for this madness are 3-fold.

1. Public sector jobs.

2. Economic stupidity both from sellers and estate agents.

3. Pure greed combined with snobbery.

In the last month I have looked at about 30 houses all on for between 300K and 400K - I can't afford that - and every single one needed a minimum 50K of work if not 100K. These are ordinary houses in ordinary areas.

Looking in the wrong place?My link

You may have to wait a while before you could live in it though :o

Looking in the wrong place?My link

You may have to wait a while before you could live in it though :o

That must be the last unmodernised house in Swansea.

Too late alas, I know many people trying to sell up and get out of Pennard as Pennard is considered too far out now.

That must be the last unmodernised house in Swansea.

Too late alas, I know many people trying to sell up and get out of Pennard as Pennard is considered too far out now.

It`s got a sitting tenant on a protected tenancy of £51 a week

What's going on??????

Yes, Wales is bonkers. The news of falling house prices did reach us but EAs pretend that that is all in the past now and patronise people who question that as if they're too just too poor to understand economics! :rolleyes: There's an awful lot of pig horrible landlords in Wales as well, largely making a living off students and DSS, and EAs seem to be very close to them.

Well, the Welsh Assembly elections are over now so we'll see what's going to hit us next. The budget has been agreed for 2011-12 but what will happen in 2012-13 and 2013-14? Cuts, public job losses, less work for consultants etc. And what will happen when student numbers fall?

Because house prices are lower than London and some areas are beautiful, we have always been victim to 'Escape to the Country' types and there is always the danger that those who went to Spain will now move to Wales, but house prices will have to fall even for these arrogant types!

I think it is going to be a long Summer for HPs now.

I keep hearing stories of people putting in full asking price offers on houses and then going to look for a mortgage. This then drags things out for a few months whilst the seller thinks they have a buyer at full asking price, the buyer thinks they are going to get a house and only the banks valuation stops the sale happening.

But this can take 6 to 12 weeks. You only need 2 of those in a year and suddenly the time flies by.

Edited by The Masked Tulip