House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dave

Investment Gone Wrong

That's a good drop. A 3 bed semi where I live would cost about £175-200k but if they drop as much as that I will start to think about putting in some offers (below the asking price of course)

quality..

a few months ago we would all have lept on this and made a massive thread...

Now... a mere £25,000 drop in a year..

Yawn..

i am encouraged more now that we havent the energy to reply to this.. then that so many are getting posted..

£25,000 loss in a year.. so common.. brilliant..

Not for the owners..

but for us..

If it gets cheaper fast enough.. we could all kick start the economy.. Hello DFS... I need a sofa for my home.

Interesting. £149K will buy you considerably less where I live.

What is the area like ? It does appear to be near the M1 which is good. Although of course Nottingham itself doesn't really get a good press these days.....

Interestingly if you look at the UpMyStreet price profile for detached properties in this area, they've flattened off for several years now.

Interesting. £149K will buy you considerably less where I live.

What is the area like ? It does appear to be near the M1 which is good. Although of course Nottingham itself doesn't really get a good press these days.....

Interestingly if you look at the UpMyStreet price profile for detached properties in this area, they've flattened off for several years now.

Stapleford is not at all a bad area - and miles away from the Meadows and St Ann's (the guns-and-drugs estates that have brought Nottingham so much good publicity lately). I've a feeling there might be private grief involved somewhere in this one.

I think people are going to soon realise that property investment is just like any other investment such as stocks: perhaps even worse because the figures involved are so large and also the iliquidity of the market. For example most people would be very wary of putting £185k into the stock market but don't seem to think twice about putting it into property.

I've a feeling there might be private grief involved somewhere in this one.

To difficult to jump to make any assumptions, but the fact that they are considering part exchanges makes me think that this one belongs to a developer.