House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hedi

Anyone Else Noticed The Lack Of New 11 Reg Cars

usually i spot these things when driving, but have barely seen any at all, which is unusual for spring. it is just me or have others noticed. the new reg 11 cars have been out for nearly two months now.

usually i spot these things when driving, but have barely seen any at all, which is unusual for spring. it is just me or have others noticed. the new reg 11 cars have been out for nearly two months now.

Seen quite a few near us, and we've got one arriving in two months time. Most of them are Motobility/Company Car renewals.

Guest eight

Seen quite a few near us, and we've got one arriving in two months time. Most of them are Motobility/Company Car renewals.

Absolutely loads round here (Darlington). Nice ones too. Mind you, a lot of them seem to be white BMW X6, Range Rover Sports, Audi Q8s etc. driven by hawkerish types, no doubt bought with money that might not have been entirely legitimately earned and has certainly never been subject to HMRC scrutineering.

eight

Time to get Scrappage II underway. Having said that, I've not seen a classic car in a while, maybe they were all scrapped? :huh:

Time to get Scrappage II underway. Having said that, I've not seen a classic car in a while, maybe they were all scrapped? :huh:

No, I've still got my '95 Rover 414.

What I have noticed is the number of broken down cars on the motorway seem to be on the increase!!!

Noticed one or two out of fuel on the roadside.

It would be nice if said scrappage scheme actually involved a discount. We have 2 10 year old cars which are both worth over £1k anyway..

What I have noticed is the number of broken down cars on the motorway seem to be on the increase!!!

You were obviously driving down the M6 last Saturday as well ;)

Anyone else noticed the lack of cars on the road? Not just 11 reg cars, but cars of any sort.

Noticed one or two out of fuel on the roadside.

Yeah seen that too, the AA man filling up cars by the side of the road and blokes with green cans walking back towards an abandonedd car.

Anyone else noticed the lack of cars on the road? Not just 11 reg cars, but cars of any sort.

Definetly did this weekend up the M1. I generally travel after rush-hour to avoid the worst congestion but there was very little traffic up the M1 7-9pm on Friday evening or 9-11pm Sunday evening. A distinct reduction in those hurtling past at 90+ mph as well.

Yes, it's gotten rather quiet out there. I think the good weather and double bank holidays means people have put their feet up.

I wouldn't have a clue how old a car is from it's reg anymore....I did with the old A to Y way of doing things, I could even tell you where some cars was purchased from the plate letters.....

BTW...have seen a few more hitchhikers out and about recently. ;)

Now, one thing to consider: people sometimes just continue with a hire purchase deal - simply because they can't afford to pay off the car. Hence, the amount of 11 reg plates (or whatever year it is) - might not be the best indicator of economic prosperity.

Now, one thing to consider: people sometimes just continue with a hire purchase deal - simply because they can't afford to pay off the car. Hence, the amount of 11 reg plates (or whatever year it is) - might not be the best indicator of economic prosperity.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/19/autos-europe-idUSFAB01603920110419

Down 8%.

I wouldn't have a clue how old a car is from it's reg anymore....I did with the old A to Y way of doing things, I could even tell you where some cars was purchased from the plate letters.....

BTW...have seen a few more hitchhikers out and about recently. ;)

The first two letters tell you where the car was purchased, Eg A - Anglia (Cambridge), M - Manchester/Merseyside, L - London, R - Reading, O - Oxford, S - Scotland etc. The second letter tells you whereabouts in that region.

The next two numbers tell you the year. For the first half of the year 02 - 2002, 03 - 2003 etc. For the second half of the year add 50 to the year 51 - 2001, 52 - 2002 etc.