House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Harold Bishop

Rightmove Market Trends

Anyone look at the Rightmove Market Trends ?

Here is an area I used to be interested in TR13 in Cornwall

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalPropertiesSoldAndAveragePrice.html?searchLocation=tr13

277 properties on the market in Jan 2011

1 property sold in Feb 2011 ( yes, just one !)

Every area I look at I just wonder how EAs are still in business. The letting business must be great.

Incredible.

Don't get over excited we discussed this a few weeks ago. The latest figures are so low because not all the information is submitted to the land registry (where the figures are derived from) immediately. It can take up to 6 months for the figures to become available. So as the Market trends charts are updated (if they ever are? It's bloody April!) the figure for February will increase and probably so will January and December too.

So in conclusion the rightmove Market trends graphs are pretty much useless unless you are looking for figures for about 12 months ago.

just looked at my postcode, 2 properties sold in feb, previous low was 5 in 2009, even 12 in 2010.

in the 2006 band it was over 20 :o

Estate Agent who showed me round a house on Saturday said his office were selling one a day last month!!! (I checked on RM - it was, of course, pure bull).

Estate Agent who showed me round a house on Saturday said his office were selling one a day last month!!! (I checked on RM - it was, of course, pure bull).

quick jump on the ladder before it's too late

Don't get over excited we discussed this a few weeks ago. The latest figures are so low because not all the information is submitted to the land registry (where the figures are derived from) immediately. It can take up to 6 months for the figures to become available. So as the Market trends charts are updated (if they ever are? It's bloody April!) the figure for February will increase and probably so will January and December too.

So in conclusion the rightmove Market trends graphs are pretty much useless unless you are looking for figures for about 12 months ago.

The above is the correct post for this thread.

just checked my areas does show as a drop off jan-feb, granted the figures not being updated, but the last time i saw a house sell in any of my areas they all mysteriously come back on as new stock at some point or other, stocks just going up :D

Edited by sponge

Reminds me of a similar conversation a couple of weeks ago..

EA: "business has never been better for us".

Me: "that's pretty impressive given the way volumes are down right now"

EA: Oh, err yes, volumes are down.

EA: So, is there anything in particular you are looking for?

Me: :lol:

If I'm honest I actually feel sorry for 'em right now.. sure I'll snap out of it though :D

Every area I look at I just wonder how EAs are still in business.

Incredible.

Loving the Wiley Coyote effect of prices vs volumes.. Incredibly gravity defying!

captureeu.gif

I think some error with Rightmove data..

I've never seen such a huge drop in housesales in a month !!

either they fudged up Jan data or they got something wrong with Feb :)

Every area I look at I just wonder how EAs are still in business. The letting business must be great.

As mentioned elsewhere, figures may not be 100% accurate, but I think EAs have lowered their priority on sales for the time being.

Buyers with no finance and sellers with high asking prices just means that with such low volumes that it is barely worthwhile. I suspect they will keep sales ticking over in anticipation of rising interest rates and more properties coming up for sale in the next year or so.

The letting business is good as it provides a steady stream of income which will keep the agents going for the time being.

The letting business is good as it provides a steady stream of income which will keep the agents going for the time being.

until the LL realise they could be saving that 10%

The number of dodgy unfair fees from LA to tenants seems to still cause complaints on MSE still. I suspected they'd increase by now...