House Price Crash Forum
Ash4781

Big Discounts At The Supermarket

At the weekly shopping trip there were quite a few discounts across most items at the supermarket. Anyone else seeing similar heavy discounting?

Tesco (online anyway) have a 4 cases of beer for £25 promo on until next week, I've never seen one at that level before.

I keep an eye out for these then stock up for a few months..

Guest eight

At the weekly shopping trip there were quite a few discounts across most items at the supermarket. Anyone else seeing similar heavy discounting?

Lidl: Whole lobsters, £5.99. Buy one got one free. Although they look more like big king prawns to me.

eight

Asda had 3 tins of Tuna steak for 50p, IIRC..

Although they look more like big king prawns to me.

eight

Let me know where you go fishing. :lol:

Still you are right, there isn't much on them to be fair, more like a hardcore prawn that refuses to be cracked. See if they are doing a deal on sledgehammers whilst you are there.

Tesco (online anyway) have a 4 cases of beer for £25 promo on until next week, I've never seen one at that level before.

I keep an eye out for these then stock up for a few months..

Some of those 'cases' are 12, 275ml bottles 5% beer. Thats only 3.3L of beer.

Ok, you get 4 of them,13.2L of beer for £25. thats £1.89/L

I paid £22 for a crate of beer the other day. 24, 500ml cans of 5.6% lager. 12L of beer. £1.83/Litre.

Better beer, for a lower price than the supermarket at my local shop.

Let me know where you go fishing. :lol:

Still you are right, there isn't much on them to be fair, more like a hardcore prawn that refuses to be cracked. See if they are doing a deal on sledgehammers whilst you are there.

You mean, prawn crackers? (Couldn't resist that one)

I've noticed the rate of increase to be slowing, with some decent deals appearing on fresh fruit and veg.

Got half priced duck at Sainsburys last week(was actually cheap rather than 50%off a ludicrous price), some ok deals on fish too.

Fruit juice is still OTT but most other fresh food prices are stabilising or starting to fall.

Shedloads of wine offers too.

Some of those 'cases' are 12, 275ml bottles 5% beer. Thats only 3.3L of beer.

Ok, you get 4 of them,13.2L of beer for £25. thats £1.89/L

I paid £22 for a crate of beer the other day. 24, 500ml cans of 5.6% lager. 12L of beer. £1.83/Litre.

Better beer, for a lower price than the supermarket at my local shop.

I've noticed for some time now that any branded item stocked by both my local shop and by Sainsbury's tend sto be cheaper at the local shop. In fact bread is cheaper in the newsagent than at Sainsbury's.

Yup Sainsburys got offers on chocolate and easter eggs. No offers on anything vaguely nutricious. Oh tell a lie got an offer on cheddar 2 for £3.

Over six quid for four cans of tuna? WTF?! :huh:

Thank God, for Asda. I seriously think Sainsbury's try it on and that Harrods would be cheaper.

Edited by Sir John Steed

If you are going to buy beer from the supermarket, what your best off doing is looking in the bargain bin in the booze aisle and swapping stickers so you get a really cheap can of nice beer and somebody else gets to pay £1 for a tiny bottle of carlsberg. If somebody hasn't done so already.

If you are going to buy beer from the supermarket, what your best off doing is looking in the bargain bin in the booze aisle and swapping stickers so you get a really cheap can of nice beer and somebody else gets to pay £1 for a tiny bottle of carlsberg. If somebody hasn't done so already.

Just don'r get caught as that would be theft.

luddite, its entrepreneurialism

Yeah. If they threaten to prosecute, just claim that a vibrant theft sector creates many jobs and is vital for tax revenues, and threaten to go elsewhere.

big meat discounts in all 3 this week

topside beef at £4.49 a kilo in stainsburys

The half price duck is still there and the half price gammon joints

big meat discounts in all 3 this week

topside beef at £4.49 a kilo in stainsburys

The half price duck is still there and the half price gammon joints

Boy thats some deflation you've got there, I remember as recently as 5 years ago working for a meat wholesale place and we were buying it in for about 72p a kilo and thought it expensive and we were buying lorry fulls of this stuff.

The place used Zemo German beef and sometimes used Slaney Irish beef which was good but cost 98p a kilo but could be passed off as fillet steak.

The other week I got carling black at Tesco 3 boxes ( 12 x 440) for £20 thats £1.26 per litre

Fish fingers buy one get 2 free

pizzas buy 1 get 2 free

Or go to my local Sainsburys where some muppet left a crate of beer in the car park. Mmmm! Free beer! (Thankyou Homer)

Or go to my local Sainsburys where some muppet left a crate of beer in the car park. Mmmm! Free beer! (Thankyou Homer)

The only good thing about Sainsburys is that it keeps the Riff Raff out of Waitrose.