House Price Crash Forum
Trampa501

Remember Soto De Henares?

Posters on various boards were making assumptions based on the Youtube video, and repeating the same message "A whole town in Spain, built on speculation, unfinished and idle. "

Yet a few years on there's a lively residents' forum, where the major complaint appears to be slackness in putting in the metro link to Madrid (jobs there you see). The forum's in Spanish (obviously)

Spanish forum link

Soto de Henares was a new suburb built on the outskirts of Torrejon. They've also built a new hospital, industrial estate etc there. Not a place I'd choose to buy unless I worked in Torrejon, and to be honest I doubt anyone here would want to buy there either. But it's far from being the disaster some punters predicted based on a video... Speaking of videos, here's one put out by the local council of Torrejon, publicising what's improved in 4 years there. Not aimed at speculators or Brits - it's for local residents. Interesting intro music they put onto the vid.

Speaking of videos, here's one put out by the local council of Torrejon, publicising what's improved in 4 years there. Not aimed at speculators or Brits - it's for local residents. Interesting intro music they put onto the vid.

Impressive if all already completed (not just planned). Puts UK councils to shame, but I guess UK councillors prefer to line their pockets with council tax money rather than spend money on improvements that benefit the population.

That music is frequently used in armageddon/new-world-order/freeman type youtube videos, it's a weird choice for this video.