House Price Crash Forum

Facebook Revenge

Kurt Barlow

HOLA441

The father works for a university in the UK? And he doesn't pay for his disabled child? Thats enough for me to think him a complete ****

Surely the child is entitled to be here? Born here, lived here? He has rights of his own independant of the mother.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/ParentsRights/DG_4003313

I would like to think that after some legal advice for the child that they should come back here. You (if you can)give her enough money to get a flat. She then goes to CAB. Benefits for the child (British?)will kick in.DLA for child should be easy enough to get. CSA from the man (under the circumstances he will not be told where they are) CAB can help sort this for her too. She should get a social worker too and make sure they are aware of the dads behaviour. Sometimes they have access to services and information that may help your friend.

As for the FB page, the less done in haste and temper the better. I feel that this would backfire on her to the detriment of the child. He won't always be 5 and stuff on line seems to stay there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

He is right though, there are always (at least) two sides to every situation.

Even if she was the worst partner ever, what has the child done to deserve this? Any decent man would care enough for his child's welbeing to send enough money for essential medical care. It's often as cold as -10 degrees in Poland for much of the winter and food is nearly as expensive as the uk. He's left his disabled child to suffer the absence of life's basic essentials while he suns it up in Cancun. Scum! This is not about men and women but one scumbag's responsibilties to his child.

HOLA443

The father works for a university in the UK? And he doesn't pay for his disabled child? Thats enough for me to think him a complete ****

Surely the child is entitled to be here? Born here, lived here? He has rights of his own independant of the mother.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/ParentsRights/DG_4003313

I would like to think that after some legal advice for the child that they should come back here. You (if you can)give her enough money to get a flat. She then goes to CAB. Benefits for the child (British?)will kick in.DLA for child should be easy enough to get. CSA from the man (under the circumstances he will not be told where they are) CAB can help sort this for her too. She should get a social worker too and make sure they are aware of the dads behaviour. Sometimes they have access to services and information that may help your friend.

As for the FB page, the less done in haste and temper the better. I feel that this would backfire on her to the detriment of the child. He won't always be 5 and stuff on line seems to stay there.

At least 6 months to establish habitual residency and thus benefits entitlement

CAB are feckin useless - their advice is pap

Social Services Couldnt give a fook

We went through all this last summer when they stayed with me.

HOLA444

Even if she was the worst partner ever, what has the child done to deserve this? Any decent man would care enough for his child's welbeing to send enough money for essential medical care. It's often as cold as -10 degrees in Poland for much of the winter and food is nearly as expensive as the uk. He's left his disabled child to suffer the absence of life's basic essentials while he suns it up in Cancun. Scum! This is not about men and women but one scumbag's responsibilties to his child.

This guy spent over £30K on lawyers in Poland to contest a maintenance award of £450 a month.

HOLA445

Even if she was the worst partner ever, what has the child done to deserve this?

I think Mick and CCCs point is simply that we are taking at face value the view of a person we have never met about a friend who may not even exist.

I don't think they are saying Kurt is lying, simply that we are not privy to first hand information to fully evaluate the situation.

Provided everything is as Kurt has suggested, I don't see that there is anything wrong with her making a facebook page for her son, explaining his predicament and linking it to his father's page.

The problem is, his father will never allow a link to it on his page, so none of his friends will ever find out, therefore it would probably be a wasted effort.. unless his friends all link to his son's page.

If I was Kurt I think I would do my very best to make sure everyone who knows him is aware he is a grade A k*nt.

Also, when he gets another girlfriend make sure your Polish friend sends him regular letters from his son.

HOLA446

I think Mick and CCCs point is simply that we are taking at face value the view of a person we have never met about a friend who may not even exist.

I don't think they are saying Kurt is lying, simply that we are not privy to first hand information to fully evaluate the situation.

Provided everything is as Kurt has suggested, I don't see that there is anything wrong with her making a facebook page for her son, explaining his predicament and linking it to his father's page.

The problem is, his father will never allow a link to it on his page, so none of his friends will ever find out, therefore it would probably be a wasted effort.. unless his friends all link to his son's page.

If I was Kurt I think I would do my very best to make sure everyone who knows him is aware he is a grade A k*nt.

Also, when he gets another girlfriend make sure your Polish friend sends him regular letters from his son.

Everything stated is true - that I can assure you. I wanted to get some alternate views on this matter in an annoynomous fashion.

The guy has remarried .

The facebook page would be a parody of this guy and sent to as many friends, colleagues and family as possible. I have advised her if she intends to do this make sure everything stated is true and can be backed up - avoid any risk of libel - not that there is anything to take!

HOLA447

Everything stated is true - that I can assure you. I wanted to get some alternate views on this matter in an annoynomous fashion.

The guy has remarried .

The facebook page would be a parody of this guy and sent to as many friends, colleagues and family as possible. I have advised her if she intends to do this make sure everything stated is true and can be backed up - avoid any risk of libel - not that there is anything to take!

I would seriously advise her not to make the FB page. It will achieve nothing for her. You can be absolutely sure he is treating his present wife in the same manner. Hopefully, when she eventually gets out, she might be in a better position to bring him to justice.

HOLA448

I would seriously advise her not to make the FB page. It will achieve nothing for her. You can be absolutely sure he is treating his present wife in the same manner. Hopefully, when she eventually gets out, she might be in a better position to bring him to justice.

I suppose the point of FB campaign would be to expose his behaviour to colleagues and employers.

HOLA449

I suppose the point of FB campaign would be to expose his behaviour to colleagues and employers.

i don't think you can sack someone for being a wifebeater. His colleagues probably already know he's a tit.

HOLA4410

The guy has remarried .

People make facebook profiles documenting their lives all the time. If she made one for her son, and invited all of the friends/colleagues to be "friends" there would be nothing unusual, vindictive or liable about that (as far as I can tell - and lets face it, they're crossing two legal systems so hard to pursue). If he considers anything false he can always take it up with facebook to have it removed.. but he sounds more like the kind of guy who hides from his problems rather than confronting them.

Best of luck to your friend..

HOLA4411

i don't think you can sack someone for being a wifebeater. His colleagues probably already know he's a tit.

But you can for an undeclared criminal conviction - in his case a Suspended Prison Sentence for assault.

This is the other less public option. Simply forward copies of his convictions in Poland to the University that employs him. What helps him is his Brother in Law is Head of Dept and his sister is a Principal Lecturer :rolleyes:

HOLA4412

[/quot

It is quite likely he is doing the rounds of his family claiming hardship and 'poor relief' from them due to being bled dry by his Ex. He has some history of doing this. When my friend was with him he fabricated a story about a leaking roof to get money out of his sister who is quite wealthy.

It would however be quite amusing if he is fleecing them again using the evidence of the maintenance orders only for them to find out he is scamming them.

HOLA4413

Just adding that I don't think slagging him off on FB will have any impact in his own community. I have a friend from the community who was married to a very similar man. Even her parents wanted her to stay with him to avoid 'shame.' Your friend will just be dismissed as a bitter/mad slut who got what she deserved. His reputation will remain intact. Sad but true.

Agreed, to which I'd add that whenever anyone applies for a job these days, about the first thing the person reading the letter/form/CV does if contemplating an interview is to Google the subject. I have to confess that if I was a potential employer and found a spite-laden FB page about a candidate's ex, her application would go in the small round filing cabinet on the floor there and then. It's not necessarily that I wouldn't believe the content of the page, but the whole thing would just suggest potential trouble. Would you want a violent ex potentially turning up in your workplace and causing a scene, or a colleague going off sick for several weeks after he beat her up? Not me.

As others have pointed out, you can for undisclosed convictions (either ones you already had when you applied for the job, or ones you acquired once in it). I don't know if and how this applies to convictions overseas, though. A few years ago a colleague was done for drink-driving (only a tiny bit over the limit, no accident) and sacked on the spot when he told his employers, on the grounds that he'd bought the institution (also a university) into disrepute.

But you can for an undeclared criminal conviction - in his case a Suspended Prison Sentence for assault.

This is the other less public option. Simply forward copies of his convictions in Poland to the University that employs him. What helps him is his Brother in Law is Head of Dept and his sister is a Principal Lecturer :rolleyes:

So the brother of the woman he beat up is his HoD?!

HOLA4414

Agreed, to which I'd add that whenever anyone applies for a job these days, about the first thing the person reading the letter/form/CV does if contemplating an interview is to Google the subject. I have to confess that if I was a potential employer and found a spite-laden FB page about a candidate's ex, her application would go in the small round filing cabinet on the floor there and then. It's not necessarily that I wouldn't believe the content of the page, but the whole thing would just suggest potential trouble. Would you want a violent ex potentially turning up in your workplace and causing a scene, or a colleague going off sick for several weeks after he beat her up? Not me.

As others have pointed out, you can for undisclosed convictions (either ones you already had when you applied for the job, or ones you acquired once in it). I don't know if and how this applies to convictions overseas, though. A few years ago a colleague was done for drink-driving (only a tiny bit over the limit, no accident) and sacked on the spot when he told his employers, on the grounds that he'd bought the institution (also a university) into disrepute.

Bro in law (unrelated to my friend) - married to the assholes sister who also works in the same dept. The assholes family are all from the same tribe ;)

The family that works together stays together. In this case all at tax payers expense. The 3 of them get around on the conference circuit - and we are not talking Blackpool, or the NEC ;)

HOLA4415

Surely it is irrelevant in regard to serious offences or are we back to the time when it was ok to go kiddy fiddling providing you did it abroad (Gary Glitter types in SE Asia).

HOLA4416

The family that works together stays together. In this case all at tax payers expense. The 3 of them get around on the conference circuit - and we are not talking Blackpool, or the NEC ;)

I noticed in an earlier post that one of these people was a principal lecturer, from which I infer that this institution is a post-92 (the title is senior lecturer in an 'old' university). Can't say I'm surprised: having worked in both types of institution I've observed that the rules are more easily bent in the polyversities. In this place, however, the wife of a prof recently applied for a lecturing post in this department and didn't even get shortlisted (and boy was the prof p!ssed off about that!), and so the checks and balances must work to some extent.

On your last two points, sorry for veering OT, but not all university positions are funded entirely by the taxpayer. My department's income is around 40% from students' fees, 40% from research income (most of which comes from private and/or overseas bodies) and 20% centrally from the university, i.e. taxpayers. Given that the HEFCE allocation is being abolished for humanities and social sciences UG programmes, by the start of AY 2012-13, about 10% of my salary will be coming from taxpayers at the absolute most. And as for conferences, we are allowed one a year funded by the University (i.e. if we want to attend more than that, we have either to pay ourselves or raise the money from elsewhere), and even then only if we get a paper accepted and the Research Committee considers it to be a prestigious enough one.

So unless the Polish mafia are in a STEM department, their bulk of their salaries will not be coming from direct taxation.

HOLA4417

I noticed in an earlier post that one of these people was a principal lecturer, from which I infer that this institution is a post-92 (the title is senior lecturer in an 'old' university). Can't say I'm surprised: having worked in both types of institution I've observed that the rules are more easily bent in the polyversities. In this place, however, the wife of a prof recently applied for a lecturing post in this department and didn't even get shortlisted (and boy was the prof p!ssed off about that!), and so the checks and balances must work to some extent.

On your last two points, sorry for veering OT, but not all university positions are funded entirely by the taxpayer. My department's income is around 40% from students' fees, 40% from research income (most of which comes from private and/or overseas bodies) and 20% centrally from the university, i.e. taxpayers. Given that the HEFCE allocation is being abolished for humanities and social sciences UG programmes, by the start of AY 2012-13, about 10% of my salary will be coming from taxpayers at the absolute most. And as for conferences, we are allowed one a year funded by the University (i.e. if we want to attend more than that, we have either to pay ourselves or raise the money from elsewhere), and even then only if we get a paper accepted and the Research Committee considers it to be a prestigious enough one.

So unless the Polish mafia are in a STEM department, their bulk of their salaries will not be coming from direct taxation.

It is a former polytechnic. The family in question are not polish - they are of non arab middle eastern origin. My friend, she is polish.

Whatever the source ,from what I gather they misuse funds under the guise of their work to fund several trips abroad each. For example when the asshole was harassing my friend in Poland most of his trips were ' business'

She had previously been tempted to spill the beans however the needs of her child outweigh her concerns about her ex's fraud. However now she realises she will never get a penny (although morally and legally entitled) she might as well cause him the maximum damage she can. I do agree though this carries the risk of him seeking vengence.

HOLA4418

And as for conferences, we are allowed one a year funded by the University (i.e. if we want to attend more than that, we have either to pay ourselves or raise the money from elsewhere), and even then only if we get a paper accepted and the Research Committee considers it to be a prestigious enough one.

Your Uni funds a conference trip for you? Lucky bugger - us STEM lot have to find our own conference funding.

HOLA4419

Yep that is all I was saying. And yes there seems to be lots of expert evidence and other stuff to back all of this up.

However, as we all know, this can all lead to completely wrong conclusions. And it happens rather often I imagine.

Personally I wouldn't do the FB thing. I would thing about it for sure. However I do think it is a little bit of the 'lowering yourself to their level' situation.

If the guy is just a knobend he will get his comeuppence one day. Karma should sort that out. As long as the buddhists are not all talking pish. :D

HOLA4420

At the end of the day the bloke (no matter how much of a tosser) is the kids dad.

Facebook is forever. Never write anything on the internet about your kid's dad that you wouldn't be happy with them reading in the future.

She should do what's best for the child. If she took the child to his family home (Does he have parents alive?) what would happen? What if she left him there? Are they hard faced enough to put him into care? Is british care better than polish care?

HOLA4421

Yep that is all I was saying. And yes there seems to be lots of expert evidence and other stuff to back all of this up.

However, as we all know, this can all lead to completely wrong conclusions. And it happens rather often I imagine.

Personally I wouldn't do the FB thing. I would thing about it for sure. However I do think it is a little bit of the 'lowering yourself to their level' situation.

If the guy is just a knobend he will get his comeuppence one day. Karma should sort that out. As long as the buddhists are not all talking pish. :D

So if someone completely and utterly ******ed you over along with your child and you had the opportunity to damage their career / reputation are you saying you would just leave it to Karma and not be tempted to even things up a bit?

There are a lot of Mother Teresas on this site <_<

HOLA4422

At the end of the day the bloke (no matter how much of a tosser) is the kids dad.

Facebook is forever. Never write anything on the internet about your kid's dad that you wouldn't be happy with them reading in the future.

She should do what's best for the child. If she took the child to his family home (Does he have parents alive?) what would happen? What if she left him there? Are they hard faced enough to put him into care? Is british care better than polish care?

The thing is the guy has already used social media to describe his son as an embarassment and how he feels no love for him. He spent the first year of the maintenance hearings claiming he wasnt the father after bring him up for 18 months. This is despite the fact they look very similar they had to go through DNA tests.

His parents live in the Middle East and another reason the polish authorities stripped him of any parental rights was because he made repeated threats including some in writing to kidnap the child, send him to XXXX and my friend would never see him again.

The problem with a childrens home is they are simply dumps. Its bad enough for a healthy child but one with AHC needs regular rehab therapy's to stop them slipping backwards into cabbage territory.

The alternative to this was the guy could have paid maintenance (£450 a month) and had some access to his son. Unfortunately the UK courts do not enforce their own orders.

HOLA4423

And leave her child in the 'care' of an abusive family? Personally, I'd rather take a risk with the nuns in Poland.

When my friend married into such a family, the whole lot of them participated in her abuse. They were all sick. They were all professionals, as is she, but that did not stop them from being totally screwed up. The forced her to wear old clothes and jeered as she cleaned the house and laughed as she was beaten while pregnant (resulting in a miscarriage.)

The best thing she can do for her child is keep herself and the kid far from this man. He may have fathered the child but his actions have shown that he is anything but a father.

HOLA4424

The thing is the guy has already used social media to describe his son as an embarassment and how he feels no love for him.

Then she doesn't need to do anything to make him look bad, he's doing a good job all by himself. Anyone reading that will already understand what kind of person he is.

HOLA4425

Moths like flame.

She got involved with this man, and it's 100% certain that all the signs were there way, way before she got pregnant. She needs help, but not to carry on getting her kicks from danger.

View PostSarahBell, on 18 April 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

Which only means he's capable of shagging someone and shooting his load. there is no inherent meaning in doing this, no magical link that makes you special in relation to the resulting child. It's just a ******.

Only his actions count, only watch those. (from a very safe distance.)

Archived