House Price Crash Forum

World Bank President: 'one Shock Away From Crisis'

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13108166

The president of the World Bank has warned that the world is "one shock away from a full-blown crisis".

Robert Zoellick cited rising food prices as the main threat to poor nations who risk "losing a generation".

He was speaking in Washington at the end of the spring meetings of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.

Meanwhile, G20 finance chiefs, who also met in Washington, pledged financial support to help new governments in the Middle East and North Africa.

Mr Zoellick said such support was vital.

"The crisis in the Middle East and North Africa underscores how we need to put the conclusions from our latest world development report into practice. The report highlighted the importance of citizen security, justice and jobs," he said.

Interesting words the financial system must be on the brink again, still at least we can trust the bankers to work for the cause rather than pushing the system over the edge for profit.

I wonder what will end up pushing us over the end and into the crisis?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13108166

Interesting words the financial system must be on the brink again, still at least we can trust the bankers to work for the cause rather than pushing the system over the edge for profit.

I wonder what will end up pushing us over the end and into the crisis?

Never fear Gordon Brown will save them when he gets that job at the IMF.

After all was not he the man who single handed saved the planet last time by bailing the banks in 2008.

As a result of his actions and the QE implemented by Merv and his pals across the pond at the Federal Reserve the banksters now have more than enough cash to push the price of commodities such as foodtuffs way beyond the reach of the poor of the world.

No doubt the starving will rejoice that the man who supposedly campaigned so long and hard for debt reduction in the Third World has done such a great job in ensuring that they and their children will never be able to afford to eat properly again.

Of course the best hope for the poor is that the whole rotten edifice will implode again just as in 2008.

I have a feeling that we are almost there.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA445

If we can make it to the end of 2011 unscathed, I will be amazed.

Where's Gordon Brown when the world needs saving again?

It will be amazing if we get through this year without the world facing financial Armageddon, and your quite correct what will the world do now without it's saviour! I hope they can get him in as head of the IMF before the end of the year, if one man can save the planet it's Flash Gordon.

HOLA446

Until we get rid of the banksters holding the whole world hostage and go back to sound money this crisis will never be over.

Since the banksters pull the strings of the governments then the whole fiat money system will likely come crashing down before long, to be replaced with something equally ridiculous like a One World Currency no doubt.

Debt forgiveness and a rebalancing of wealth (in the new currency) based on how much debt was owed is a possible solution. This would at least be fair, but I doubt the Americans would go for it as they'd be Mr Wong's bitch.

Edited by MrFlibble

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

of course, there never was a crisis.

exactly.

you first read this place and understand the world and it's operations.

you then realise all the mirages.

and then you dismiss 'news' like this.

there's no lizards but ffs as long as there is work and exchange and power they'll always be the opportunity for a 'crisis', that'll never happen.

unless nature fks us over. which we can only hope.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Never fear Gordon Brown will save them when he gets that job at the IMF.

After all was not he the man who single handed saved the planet last time by bailing the banks in 2008.

As a result of his actions and the QE implemented by Merv and his pals across the pond at the Federal Reserve the banksters now have more than enough cash to push the price of commodities such as foodtuffs way beyond the reach of the poor of the world.

No doubt the starving will rejoice that the man who supposedly campaigned so long and hard for debt reduction in the Third World has done such a great job in ensuring that they and their children will never be able to afford to eat properly again.

Of course the best hope for the poor is that the whole rotten edifice will implode again just as in 2008.

I have a feeling that we are almost there.

You forgot to mention the cracking price he got for our gold. Lots of much needed fiat money is now in our vaults.

I mean strewth, he was like Jack and the Beanstalk, except the beans he got for our cow were less than magic.

HOLA4415

Crisis tends to create profits for people. Who got the largest bonuses lately?

I think your avatar pretty much sums up the "event". Even oil at $150 will destroy the economy and the banking system again. Only this time the general populace will not fall for the bull and will suddenly start questioning the system and the Fiat bog roll they use.

HOLA4416

With each crisis, it becomes ever more obvious that the money men pull all the strings through their puppet governments. And that at election time, people only get to choose between puppet A, B, or C. If ever enough of us got off our lazy, timid arses, we could change things quickly. But what will it take to trigger that? Hopefully it doesn't need to get as bad as it did in Libya or Egypt for us to collectively make our move. Iceland is probably the best case scenario - the shock of a couple of really grim years galvinized the nation and now things are steadily improving.

"Maybe the Fed will change its mind when the streets of Washington burn like Cairo's"

http://english.caing.com/2011-02-28/100229840.html