House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porca misèria

Up And Down

Anecdote of asking prices moving both ways today ....

Exhibit 1: optimistic vendor: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29705650.html

Previously seen for rent at (IIRC) £850/month: I'd've been interested if it hadn't been a totally useless agent[1]. Adjoining similar barn with more land was on the market in about 2008 at about £325/330k, dropping to 315k and possibly again: I have an idea it might've hit £295k. Now the one with less land asking £350k.

Exhibit 2: defeated vendor: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33580697.html

I remember in the autumn of 2009 thinking It's been on at £250k for a long time. If they bring it within offering distance of £175k while the stamp duty holiday is on (i.e. before end-2009) I'll take a look. It's been on continually since then, with only a small reduction until today.

[1] I wrote them off after they wasted my time by forgetting to bring the keys to two places I was due to view. Not the same agent that's now advertising it for sale.

I think most people are gullible idiots, and when they see some clueless 'pwoperty expert' paraded on TV to say prices are set to rise, or a news release saying prices are falling, they react accordingly.

They seem to actually believe chancers like Phil and Krusty really know where prices are going.