House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark1

Not Paying My Tv Licence

Im back in Blighty after a long time away and ive recently been sent the TV licence fee for my new address.

Now under no circumstance i am going to pay this fee, i am renting a furnished flat, dont have a car in my name, am paid by an overseas company thus they cannot get a bean from me with threats of the bailiffs.

However i am vaguely aware that it maybe possible to get out of paying the fee if you can prove that the Beeb is not impartial.

Now this shouldnt be so hard for an example all id have to do is refer to Mr. Griffin on Q Time, but has anyone on here ever argued their case with the BBC about not paying and been successful, if so could you recommend the best way for me to be going about this.

Im back in Blighty after a long time away and ive recently been sent the TV licence fee for my new address.

Now under no circumstance i am going to pay this fee, i am renting a furnished flat, dont have a car in my name, am paid by an overseas company thus they cannot get a bean from me with threats of the bailiffs.

However i am vaguely aware that it maybe possible to get out of paying the fee if you can prove that the Beeb is not impartial.

Now this shouldnt be so hard for an example all id have to do is refer to Mr. Griffin on Q Time, but has anyone on here ever argued their case with the BBC about not paying and been successful, if so could you recommend the best way for me to be going about this.

1st template letter (taken from tpuc .org) - further instructions and second,third letters are on the website

Sir Michael Lyons

The Chairman, By 1st Class Post

BBC, Recorded Delivery.

Broadcast centre,

201 Wood lane,

London

W12 7TP

Dear Sir Michael Lyons

Re: The Royal Charter of the BBC, & the Treason & Felony Act, 1848

Notice Before Action.

It has been brought to my attention that the Corporation has received and is now receiving substantial amounts of funding from the European Union, in breach of Charter Provisions, and that in consequence of this very suspect arrangement the BBC is now reduced to the function of providing both broadcasting & propaganda facilities to a form of alien authority that fails to acknowledge the Supreme Authority of the British Crown.

I must advise you that all such conduct serves to breach the provisions of the Treason Act, 1351 with the further provisions of the Treason & Felony Act, 1848.

In addition, I must advise that the Treason & Felony Act of 1848 provides that it is a Criminal Offence for Subjects of the Crown to give aid or comfort to Traitors, and that this offence is punishable by imprisonment for life.

I am concerned for my own position and I must ask you to cease and desist from all treacherous conduct & financial arrangements, without delay.

Unless I receive your written assurance that the Corporation will issue an immediate public apology for all Treason committed thus far, with your further guarantee that the Corporation will cease and desist from all and any conduct that fails to maintain the Supremacy of the British Crown, then I must give fair warning of my intention to discontinue the payment of all such moneys as are now being applied to the financial support of the BBC.

I look forward to receipt of your immediate response to this present letter and I give notice that payments in support of the BBC will be suspended, unless I receive a satisfactory response within 14 days of this present date.

Yours faithfully,

(Sign Here)

Capita who enforce the TV license have no more power than any other private company. They need a warrant to enter your home and you are under no obligation to speak to them.

Simply do not answer the door.

They would need to take you to court to get the bailiffs on to you. To take you to court they would need evidence of an offense. How do you think this evidence could be obtained by them if you do not speak to them?

To obtain a warrant they need evidence an offence is being committed, how do you think they could get that without being in your house?

If you do not watch or record Live TV you do not need a TV licence.

You do not need to prove your innocence to Capita the BBC or anyone else.

You may be interested to read:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/tv_licensing_search_warrants

http://www.bbctvlicence.com/index.htm

If you've got your TV pointing at the window and easily seen from the street it's not hard to prove. But I've never heard of them actually bothering to go that far.

The BBC is far from impartial and the license fee is daylight robbery.

I would advise you to just ignore their letters, don't open the door to them and let them prove an offence has been committed.

No warrant then no entry.

Disgraceful phone in yesterday on the Jeremy Vine show on R2. The show was about Cameron's speech regarding multiculturalism. There people were interviewed, all raving (practically frothing at the mouth) about how wonderful multiculturalism is, how drab and boring white British people are and how immigrants have transformed the country into the powerhouse of Europe. Next came texts with not one being negative, most being very enthusiastic about multiculturalism.

If I paid my TV license I would be demanding my money back now.

Disgraceful phone in yesterday on the Jeremy Vine show on R2. The show was about Cameron's speech regarding multiculturalism. There people were interviewed, all raving (practically frothing at the mouth) about how wonderful multiculturalism is, how drab and boring white British people are and how immigrants have transformed the country into the powerhouse of Europe. Next came texts with not one being negative, most being very enthusiastic about multiculturalism.

If I paid my TV license I would be demanding my money back now.

Don't worry, before long the only people paying the TV license will be the immigrants.

another sliver of unbiased impartial programming from al beeba

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/2011/04/bbc-ethics-revealed.html

I'd equally question the neutrality of any site with a name like that.

The problem with the anti-BBC types is that they never have an answer to how you wouldn't be left with something even worse if you got rid of them, which is what the alternatives seem to be. That's no defence for the BBC, but it does irritate me.