House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iLegallyBlonde

Advice On Where To Live In The Sw Near M5

Not sure if this is the right place so apologies if not, but where would people recommend to live for a young family in the SW ?

We have no ties to any area but need to be fairly close to the M5, would prefer good state primaries, don't mind private secondary.

Would be grateful for any insider knowledge as to where is over priced or up and coming.

Thank you

Not sure if this is the right place so apologies if not, but where would people recommend to live for a young family in the SW ?

We have no ties to any area but need to be fairly close to the M5, would prefer good state primaries, don't mind private secondary.

Would be grateful for any insider knowledge as to where is over priced or up and coming.

Thank you

Topsham ;)

I am in Clevedon, Frank!

The M5 is very near! :huh:

Where in the South West near the M5 though? Taunton, Bristol? Cheltenham?

It honestly doesn't matter hubby will be working from Cornwall to South Wales so he'll have to travel wherever we are.

I'd like a busy town rather than a city, we cannot afford Bath, Bristol seems too busy.

My main priority is schools, i'm not having much luck finding decent primaries or secondary' according to the ofstead reports, they can't all be good, where are the outstanding ones or does everyone go private ?

Portishead is worth a look, lots of building there means you can get a decent family home for sensible* money. It won't have a lot of character mind you! Portishead is right by the M5, and close to Bristol and Cribbs Causeway for shopping.

*relative to the rest of the local area.

Wellington - an average kinda town but nice people, good primary schools, excellent private secondary school. Closer to the M5 than pretty much any part of Taunton and also closer to the nice bits like Exmoor and the coasts.

Plenty of houses for sale, though you'll probably want to live on the slightly nicer South side.

Edited by hedgefunded

Wellington - an average kinda town but nice people, good primary schools, excellent private secondary school. Closer to the M5 than pretty much any part of Taunton and also closer to the nice bits like Exmoor and the coasts.

Plenty of houses for sale, though you'll probably want to live on the slightly nicer South side.

Wellington has been absolutely slated on other forums, why do you rated it if you don't mind me asking ?

Would you happen to know the parts that are nicer by name ?

Thank you

Well I just find it to be quite a friendly town. My standards aren't that high but I've lived here for 6 years and found the place to be just fine.

Nice surrounding countryside, people are decent enough and we're proud to not be Taunton.

One thing I would say is that everyone who lives here seems to be glad they do.