House Price Crash Forum

Catching A Falling Knife

OLDFTB

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Catching A Falling Knife, Could this be the future of UK BTL? Options

BTL means you buy an property and rent it out and hopefully after all costs are taken out it leaves you with some profit, catching a falling knive will just slice ypur hand open. Don't quite follow how slicing your hand is the future of BTL, unless you meant making a BLT beacon lettice and tomato, I quite often hurt myself in the kitchen, usually leave that to the other half.

Edited by Dicky

HOLA445
catching a falling knive

trying to second guess the market bottom, fear driven falling markets can resemble the mirror image of a bull market raising purely on greed. Hence people get caught out calling market tops, so can people get caught out calling market bottoms........the madness of crowds is always hard to fathom.

HOLA446
BTL means you buy an property and rent it out and hopefully after all costs are taken out it leaves you with some profit, catching a falling knive will just slice ypur hand open. Don't quite follow how slicing your hand is the future of BTL, unless you meant making a BLT beacon lettice and tomato, I quite often hurt myself in the kitchen, usually leave that to the other half.

You obviously haven't read the link have you Dicky? Let me quote mate:

"Great caution must be exercised if you are considering buying into this falling market. If you buy too soon you may suffer from "catching a falling knife" as values continue to fall after your purchase. It is obviously dangerous to catch a knife before it hits the ground and buying into Aucklands CBD apartment market right now is equivalent to catching a falling knife"

Does that clarify the point i was making?

HOLA447
You obviously haven't read the link have you Dicky? Let me quote mate:

"Great caution must be exercised if you are considering buying into this falling market. If you buy too soon you may suffer from "catching a falling knife" as values continue to fall after your purchase. It is obviously dangerous to catch a knife before it hits the ground and buying into Aucklands CBD apartment market right now is equivalent to catching a falling knife"

Does that clarify the point i was making?

I see now, the article was drawing the parallel between buying property that hadn't fallen fully to catching a falling knife, I see now thanks for setting me straight there.

One further question, when you make a BLT do you put the beacon in the middle or the top, the reason I ask is because I find if you do the latter is does impair the flavour some what.

HOLA448
I see now, the article was drawing the parallel between buying property that hadn't fallen fully to catching a falling knife, I see now thanks for setting me straight there.

One further question, when you make a BLT do you put the beacon in the middle or the top, the reason I ask is because I find if you do the latter is does impair the flavour some what.

Perhaps it is you who is flavour impaired. If the bacon went inthe middle it would be called an LBT or a TBL but it isn't. So there. :P