House Price Crash Forum

$42 Silver

HOLA441

just had to post that.

don't know if anyone else was worried about this week, but I've been checking silver's price on my iphone about 30 times a day.

I did NOT expect a new all time high! (ok, ok, except for when the hunt brothers cornered the market - but that's only 8 bucks away now!)

HOLA442

just had to post that.

don't know if anyone else was worried about this week, but I've been checking silver's price on my iphone about 30 times a day.

I did NOT expect a new all time high! (ok, ok, except for when the hunt brothers cornered the market - but that's only 8 bucks away now!)

I'm a tad concerned too.

Namely because as the price of PMs goes up, it means the economy is falling to bits as really as you probably know PMs don't go up, currencies go down against them.

Theres also been a massive massive bet that silver will go down to $25 as well.

Not to mention if the comodities bubble bursts silver may get buried.

AND the government may well just change the rules like they did with the hunt brothers.

Which is why no more than 10% of my net worth is in PMs. I need the rest for living expenses!

HOLA443

I'm a tad concerned too.

Namely because as the price of PMs goes up, it means the economy is falling to bits as really as you probably know PMs don't go up, currencies go down against them.

Theres also been a massive massive bet that silver will go down to $25 as well.

Not to mention if the comodities bubble bursts silver may get buried.

AND the government may well just change the rules like they did with the hunt brothers.

Which is why no more than 10% of my net worth is in PMs. I need the rest for living expenses!

Grow a pair!

HOLA444
HOLA445

It's going north of $100 dolliars. Only buy physical! My Sterling has taken a bath though, so at best I'm neutral. So... it isn't greedy, nor is the price high, it is simply a refleaction of US monetary policy and China's FX rebalancing imho. Currency debasement is in an accelerating phase, it has given me the opportunity to think for which I am grateful.

I got a reminder yesterday of why I parted with 7% of my life savings to take control of something the Government cannot immediately get its hands on. CNBC had the US debt clock live on it, 100k ,every 6 four kin seconds. We don't need any other reason..

Current split after 3 /4 years accumulation, pretty conservative don't you agree? At the very least yours should look like mine. :)

Gold 10%

Swissies 10%

Silver 7%

Sterling 73%

HOLA446

It's going north of $100 dolliars. Only buy physical! My Sterling has taken a bath though, so at best I'm neutral. So... it isn't greedy, nor is the price high, it is simply a refleaction of US monetary policy and China's FX rebalancing imho. Currency debasement is in an accelerating phase, it has given me the opportunity to think for which I am grateful.

I got a reminder yesterday of why I parted with 7% of my life savings to take control of something the Government cannot immediately get its hands on. CNBC had the US debt clock live on it, 100k ,every 6 four kin seconds. We don't need any other reason..

Current split after 3 /4 years accumulation, pretty conservative don't you agree? At the very least yours should look like mine. :)

Gold 10%

Swissies 10%

Silver 7%

Sterling 73%

gold 25%

silver 10%

sterling 75%

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

75% in Sterling?

You're a brave man ...

Not really, I never found another currency that I really trusted enough to make a switch into and back again worth it. I didnt like stocks/bonds and since much of the money will eventually be used for a house then keeping it in sterling didnt seem so bad.

I wanted more pm's but I was mindful of 2 things. First, that holding pm's should be a long term decision as prices can go up and down with some volatility daily/weekly/monthly but are good for the long haul. Secondly, that I will want to buy a house during the low which could come as a result of another crash/market crash - a time when pm's will have also fallen in value.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Gold 80%

Silver 19%

Sterling Paper 1%

I'm a bit worried about being too heavily weighted in paper...

Now, that position could be many things in many circumstances.

If you own your own home, are mortgage free and retired then I would say that right now it is fantastic.

If you own your own home and are mortgage free then I would say that it is a risk to keep every egg in pm's but things are going well.

If you have yet to buy then I would say that you are in a very risky position.

If you are just starting out then I would say "well done"

I would also say that I would have preferred to hold more silver than you do given what you have.

This only makes sense if you can provide some details, retired/working, mortgage/free etc etc

HOLA4419

Listen to Pastor Williams on goldseek radio, last weeks show. PM bull with the inside info.

He was the same chap that predicted oil would fall to $30 from $147 before the event. And it happened exactly.

I got to the word pastor and the alarms went off. I googled and listened and the alarms made me deaf.

DO NOT EVER LISTEN TO OR TRUST ANYONE RELIGIOUS

Show me charts and analysis and we can talk but point me at religious nuts and dont expect a response from me or any of the thousands that are better.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Bob Chapman, Marc Faber, Jim Rogers, Martin Armstrong, Peter Schiff... why go anywhere else!?

And to those that increased the fiat value of their silver by over 100% in 1 year...SnapCrackleNPop!

Bump - edit title for physical (it was 3.50am after a late night). April 18th

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=140871&st=0

Notice I put silver first (I was 90/10 Silver/Gold).

To the HPC anti PM crowd...You just had one hell of a HPC when valued in Silver <_<

HOLA4422

Now, that position could be many things in many circumstances.

If you own your own home, are mortgage free and retired then I would say that right now it is fantastic.

If you own your own home and are mortgage free then I would say that it is a risk to keep every egg in pm's but things are going well.

If you have yet to buy then I would say that you are in a very risky position.

If you are just starting out then I would say "well done"

I would also say that I would have preferred to hold more silver than you do given what you have.

This only makes sense if you can provide some details, retired/working, mortgage/free etc etc

Mortgage free, working, mid 40's, no kids. I let the wife accumulate the paper stuff. I have no pension so hopefully my stash might mean I can retire at 50 if gold goes to $7500 oz (assuming £1.60 = $1 and same current purchasing power) as that would mean I would be worth around the £1.2M mark. If it goes to $5000 I would retire at 55 and $2500 at 60. My needs are few and so are my outgoings. The wonderful thing about being all in is that there is no bureaucratic interference from the state re tax forms, CGT etc.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and yes would have bought more silver.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Holy cow!

Just checked and gold is up to £922 ($1494) an Ounce.

How did that happen? Can't just be the downgrade of the US debt?

Not much change with Silver at £26.50 ($43) an Ounce.

HOLA4425