House Price Crash Forum
Guest_ringledman_*

There Is No Such Thing As Public Money

Don't get me started on the Thatcher and Major years, makes the current lot look like saints

Yep, war criminals the lot of them.

Oh, no, hang on ............ that was Bliar, Straw, Hoon etc.

She sold of the public's businesses dirt cheap.

Don't get me started on the Thatcher and Major years, makes the current lot look like saints

..what about the lefties in between who destroyed the country beyond retrieval.... :rolleyes:

That's ours as well.

Remember the state isn't a person, it can have no wealth of its own. It is in effect, just a trading company we all "own".

...and it's bankrupt...

Indeed, but the point she was making was that the state was only funded by taxes. Not true - the profits of state companies contribute. Anyone in the UK buying a Renault is contributing to the French public purse.

Well there isn't any such thing as public money, all wealth is created by real people.

The state just takes ot off the people who create it.

"one of the great debates of our time is how much of your money should be spent by the state and how much you should keep to spend on your family"

"one of the great debates of our time is how much of your money should be spent by the state and how much you should keep to spend on your family"

And she was quite happy spending it on herself and her war.

Except money made by state owned companies?

If state companies are making 'profits' I'd suggest they're just really charging the taxpaying customer rip off prices.

To clarify. I don't believe the state should be in the car making or export business but do believe it should be providing vital infrastructure and not pretending it's a business just because it makes consumers pay pro-rata for service it provides.

Indeed, but the point she was making was that the state was only funded by taxes. Not true - the profits of state companies contribute. Anyone in the UK buying a Renault is contributing to the French public purse.

My recollection is that the state owned concerns that made real money were mostly those that were given a state enforced monopoly (e.g. the Royal Mail). A bit like the Mafia and their "insurance service".

<br />But she was happy to send young men to their death to defend the nation using public money.<br />

Besides the pathetic flaGGing of Masonic Lodge "Margaret Chapel" Edinburgh - Scottish Masons E(E)'s-a-good!

Hatchet woman + the other 'Cons' 'pumped' 100's of Millions of pounds of oil revenues into 'subsidising' the Gas and nuclear industries to make coal look far more expensive and under-mine the Miners Solidarity!

Oil revenues were also wasted on supporting the millions the Conservatives threw out of work whilst carrying out "slash & burn" on the UK's manufacturing and heavy Industry base (UK is really suffering now because of this) and the 'subsidising' of sell-off/privatising our energy/water companies!

That was one of the first 'targets' the Elites went for when they came into power

Note how the Conservative Millionaire Elites went straight for the jugular - freezing benefits for a year (during 15% food+energy inflation) , cutting other benefits and attacking other worthy services that benefit all (esp the least wealthy) - like the NHS, libraries etc

Yet they can conjur up Billions to throw at Banks

Like the 7 Billion to Ireland (20 Billion since they have been in power I read)

(which their labour 'twins' have already undermined with their 'false foundations' of PFi and slinging excess cash at doctors)

If they find oil in the Falklands it may prove one of the best state investments since Alaska.

Yeah and we can invest it as wisely in the long term infrastructure of the country as she did the north sea money*

* or you know just give it to the current generation in tax cuts

My recollection is that the state owned concerns that made real money were mostly those that were given a state enforced monopoly (e.g. the Royal Mail). A bit like the Mafia and their "insurance service".

I'm not making any ideological point here, just stating a fact - an exporting UK public company, for example, would provide income to the UK state purse other than that from UK taxpayers.

Hatchet woman + the other 'Cons' 'pumped' 100's of Millions of pounds of oil revenues into 'subsidising' the Gas and nuclear industries to make coal look far more expensive and under-mine the Miners Solidarity!

Have a look at this :-

coal output

Then come back and tell us again how the "hatchet woman" destroyed the UK coal industry.

To clarify. I don't believe the state should be in the car making or export business but do believe it should be providing vital infrastructure

I would agree, but it doesn't change the fact that she was incorrect.

Didn't stop her earning a living and pension off it though.

(Mods - isn't this 'economics' like my 'nurses' thread yesterday? Or is this now a 'right wing house prices' only site? :rolleyes:)

Edited by Red Karma