House Price Crash Forum

Repo Under Offer

HOLA441

Hi. I've found repo that has been under offer for nearly two months now. What can take so long? Surely anyone buying repo is aware of fact that it has to be done quickly to reduce risk of price being bumped up. Or is it just another way of stopping potential buyers from making too low offers? :unsure:link

Edited by LittleSteroid

HOLA442

Hi. I've found repo that has been under offer for nearly two months now. What can take so long? Surely anyone buying repo is aware of fact that it has to be done quickly to reduce risk of price being bumped up. Or is it just another way of stopping potential buyers from making too low offers? :unsure:

I'm not clear what "Under Offer" means. Does it mean someone has made an offer and the seller is thinking about it or waiting for a better one to come along, or is it an agreement until surveys are done and the i's are dotted?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Normally if there it's a valuation problem then it falls through in 2-4 weeks. The other sticking point i'm seeing a lot of on repo's is when a house is leasehold, short lease etc. This takes longer to come to light and even then the freeholder is approached to see if they would sell it before the sale falls through, this takes time. I have been watching one repo in my area that went under notice November 20 and is still under offer, sticking point being the lease of only 23, but i assume the freeholder has agreed to sell his interest.

HOLA448

Love the bath, reminds me of the old jukeboxes where you could see all the internal workings while the record played.....

HOLA449
HOLA4410