House Price Crash Forum

Couple's Shock As 'dream' Neath Home Covered In Faeces And Urine

HOLA441

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/news/Couple-s-shock-terrible-state-dream-home/article-3447470-detail/article.html

Mr Bryan said the house in Leonard Street belonged to Hannah's father, Paul Williams, who rented it out. He said Mr Williams had tried to evict the tenant for various reasons but could not afford the legal costs.

Mr Williams, he said, had since been affected by health and personal problems, and now lived in Orkney.

"At the start of the year, Hannah and myself decided to find a place of our own," said Mr Bryan. "Paul told us we could have the house, but we would have to deal with the tenant.

"We thought we could manage it between us. We moved to South Wales and have been renting a house while we took eviction proceedings."

Mr Bryan said they finally gained access this month, only to find the house in a shocking state, with faeces throughout the house, in the bath and even on the walls and ceilings. The kitchen had been stripped almost bare, walls and doors damaged and the back garden was covered in bags of rubbish and more dog mess.

"Our house is like a cesspit. What was supposed to have been a fresh start so we could start a family has turned into an epic nightmare," he said.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I normally consider myself to be a level headed chap above parochial prejudices but then I remember the knuckle-dragging, bottom-pickers from "Neef!, Neef! Neef!".

I am not surprised by this story.

See, I know who and what you are talking about. I wonder if anyone else on here does.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

i'd happily accept a free house, even if it was inhabited by a gravity-defying incontinent non paying tenant.

First thing I thought. FFS a free house and whinging coz its in a complete state. Boo ******ing hoo. 10-20k should easy bring it back to looking perefectly pleasant. And I assume it will be worth a lot more than that.

These people are whinging because they have been given money for nothing. The great British 'Entitlement' mantra continues.

NB. Unless they have not been given this house - but that is what the story clearly infers.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I think there might be a simple explanation for this kind of event. A landlord wants the tenant out, so he turns off the water supply to the house or flat. Since the water is now off, the toilet no longer works. So the tenant can no longer get rid of waste in the normal way and so deposits it around the property.

Just a thought. :unsure:

HOLA4420

I have sympathy for them. Being a landlord is not an easy option. Tenants can be horrors (as can landlords.) You really have to price this kind of disaster into the rent. If you're not making sufficient yield you really shouldn't be doing BTL.

When you inform a tenant they are going to be evicted, there is every chance they will go up the wall.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I think there might be a simple explanation for this kind of event. A landlord wants the tenant out, so he turns off the water supply to the house or flat. Since the water is now off, the toilet no longer works. So the tenant can no longer get rid of waste in the normal way and so deposits it around the property.

Just a thought. :unsure:

IIRC, water is the ONLY utility that CANNOT be cut off in these types of disputes/situations for the obvious reasons described in this sorry tale.

HOLA4423

IIRC, water is the ONLY utility that CANNOT be cut off in these types of disputes/situations for the obvious reasons described in this sorry tale.

Glad to hear it. But there was another similar example on 'Tenants from Hell'. I don't see why people would choose to mess up their own place of residence.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425