House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

You Wot?

This afternoon you will find me attempting to penetrate the labrynthine lexicographical bunkers of government agency documentation.

Despite equiping myself with an arsenal of stimulants and a very comfy chair, I soon found my attention wandering. It was then I realised the language I was reading had probably been crafted with the express intent of repelling all but the most persistent. Here's an example of a phrase that undermined my concentration:

"The Directorate also delivers a number of other responsibilities ..." -

Chemicals Regulation Directorate

I'm guessing they mean "The Directorate is responsible for ..." If so, why not just write that? Or do they really actually deliver messages that puts the onus for something on some other body? If they do, it certainly doesn't fit the sentence context.

Anyhow, to see how widespread the use of this phrase was, I googled it. And found it :

Mr Martin added: “Wellness boards deliver a responsibility to supply stave with the correct data and breeding that leave enable faculty, when hard situations lift, to shuffle the veracious tear s decisiveness. " - link removed by request

Can't say this threw any more light on the phrase's meaning, but it did give me a clue as to the sort of organisations that use it. I particularly like their closing paragraph :

“However we are dingy that in this pillowcase our disk retention was not saint and we did not over the documentation necessary under the Adults with Incapacity Act.” - link removed by request

:blink:

This afternoon you will find me attempting to penetrate the labrynthine lexicographical bunkers of government agency documentation.

Despite equiping myself with an arsenal of stimulants and a very comfy chair, I soon found my attention wandering. It was then I realised the language I was reading had probably been crafted with the express intent of repelling all but the most persistent. Here's an example of a phrase that undermined my concentration:

"The Directorate also delivers a number of other responsibilities ..." -

Chemicals Regulation Directorate

I'm guessing they mean "The Directorate is responsible for ..." If so, why not just write that? Or do they really actually deliver messages that puts the onus for something on some other body? If they do, it certainly doesn't fit the sentence context.

Anyhow, to see how widespread the use of this phrase was, I googled it. And found it :

Mr Martin added: “Wellness boards deliver a responsibility to supply stave with the correct data and breeding that leave enable faculty, when hard situations lift, to shuffle the veracious tear s decisiveness. " -

Can't say this threw any more light on the phrase's meaning, but it did give me a clue as to the sort of organisations that use it. I particularly like their closing paragraph :

“However we are dingy that in this pillowcase our disk retention was not saint and we did not over the documentation necessary under the Adults with Incapacity Act.” - ]

:blink:

I've got it! They write the documentation using a random word selector program. Just type in the title and the number of pages required (more is always more, especially when printed in glossy paper) and, hey presto, out pops a totally impenetrable brochure. It probably looks nice and weighs more than a bag of sugar. It's not meant to be read, just admired and flashed at the next pay review meeting to prove activity.

Sledgehead could you please remove the 2 links which advertise drugs "Buy Cystone".

if you feel that susceptible, sure. I guarantee however that if I had not linked, somebody would have immediately posted "linky?"

Surely that is confirmatory!!

yeah, right, I post god knows how many posts here and then chance getting labelled as a spammer.

:rolleyes:

Thanks. I spend a lot of time trying to keep spam off the forum --but I can see where you were coming from with the links.

And I can see where you were coming from wanting me to get rid of.

Apologies for the sideswipe. Everyone knows I'm as @rsewipe.