House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark5290

Tonight With Trevor Mcdonald

Tonight With Trevor McDonald, ITV1, 20.00 - 20.30

"As the Government calls for a million new homes, Jonathan Maitland looks at the increasingly bitter planning rows between developers and residents."

Tonight With Trevor McDonald, ITV1, 20.00 - 20.30

"As the Government calls for a million new homes, Jonathan Maitland looks at the increasingly bitter planning rows between developers and residents."

I really can beleive folks watch this cr4p, Trevor is a media tart, he will latch onto any topic to start a riot.

Example1

"TONIGHT ON TREVOR MCDONALD, I TREVOR MCDONALD WILL ASK SHALL ALL GINGER BABIES BEEN PUT DOWN AT BIRTH".

Example2

"TONIGHT ON TREVOR MCDONALD, I TREVOR MCDONALD WILL ASK A FEMENIST FAKE OR REAL".

I really can beleive folks watch this cr4p, Trevor is a media tart, he will latch onto any topic to start a riot.

He is esentially a News Reader Personality, they read what is handed to them. He might have some input, but if he starts to chuck his weight about, which he won't , he will be shown the door.

Prescott is on top form again, regards the new prison built next to Prescotts Home :-

"Come on now, would you be happy to have a prison next to your home? The fact is we need dangerous places for young people to be severely dealt with"

wtf? :lol:

Also, "Have you seen prices come down? Even after development, come on"

Edited by BuyingBear

I think the development plan originally had the site discussed assigned to commercial use.

Thankfully there aren't any growing industries left in the area (all seem to be contracting - except maybe Tescos and healthcare), so prezza got his way.

/G

Guest Riser

Host inteviewing Prescott never once questioned the demand arguement for new housing and actually said that "new developments affected every home owners right to own and profit from their own property"

Jonathan Maitland who presented has a portfolio of BTL flats.

Jonathan Maitland is selling his BTL portfolio:

Maitland is distancing himself in a radical way. “I’m selling all my houses because I’m sick of finding new tenants and putting new roofs on. I’m giving the money to some City hotshots who will invest it in a wide range of assets, which I think will give me a greater yield.”

More: http://property.timesonline.co.uk/article/...1643494,00.html

I think he's one of the sharper tools in the box.

Example1

"TONIGHT ON TREVOR MCDONALD, I TREVOR MCDONALD WILL ASK SHALL ALL GINGER BABIES BEEN PUT DOWN AT BIRTH".

Example2

"TONIGHT ON TREVOR MCDONALD, I TREVOR MCDONALD WILL ASK A FEMENIST FAKE OR REAL".

TONIGHT ON TREVOR MCDONALD, I WILL TEACH DICKY GRAMMAR & SPELLING!

This might be worth watching!

Anything which starts with "Tonight with Trevor McDonald" is definatley not worth watching.

I have a mate who buys The Sun for the news and The Sport for the t!ts.......and watches the Donut because he thinks its like Newsnight......only better.

This is obviously their target market and they do just dandy at attracting them, but 'news' or 'newsworthy' it isnt.

Jonathan Maitland is selling his BTL portfolio:

Maitland is distancing himself in a radical way. “I’m selling all my houses because I’m sick of finding new tenants and putting new roofs on. I’m giving the money to some City hotshots who will invest it in a wide range of assets, which I think will give me a greater yield.”

More: http://property.timesonline.co.uk/article/...1643494,00.html

I think he's one of the sharper tools in the box.

Did Maitland not lose a fortune in the dot com crash? I vaguely remember something about him remortgaging his house and putting it all into tech stocks, only to lose the lot, or a great deal of it anyway.

Looks like he's put his remaining money into BTL and is now looking for the exit, so to speak.

But is he too late?

I wonder how highly geared he is...

What made me laugh was Prescot wobbling on about how much of a housing crisis there is. I am not convinced. If there was a housing crisis how comes there are so many properties on EA's books? and the figure still rising. It couldn't possibly be that houses are to expensive!!! What about the amount of empty flats in the docklands!!! The fat twit spoke nothing but drivel IMO.