House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Executive Sadman

Should I Sell My Gold?

Just saw an advert on sky news asking me to buy gold.

Usually only see Telly adverts asking me to sell it.

Is this a signal?

I think I saw this advert for the first time yesterday. Is it the one offering 5 US Gold coins for 500 GBP? They gave no details of what the coins actually were or what the weight of the gold was, and there was no website address to allow one a detailed look at the coins being offered. It looked like a con to me, although I did think about givin them a call to confirm my suspicions. Whether it's a sign or not, I don't know, but haven't there been similar adverts in the Sunday papers selling overpriced coins for years and years now?

only £29.95!!!

Fabula-Aurum-St-G---D_bca.jpg

Sucessful applicanst will receive furtehr coins in the collection Fabula Aurum - The Story of Gold. These coins will be released by The London Mint Office at the preferential price of £69.95 (plus £2.95 P&P). Further coins will be sent at approximately monthly intervals. You may return any coin up to 14 days after receipt and cancel at any time.

only £29.95!!!

Yeah I remember seeing that too and thought if it has any gold in it, then it would be about 1 gram or there abouts, considering a Sov is 7.7 grams and £230.

Btw to the OP yes you should sell your gold, I'll do you a favor and I'll give you a tenner for each gram deal?

Those were the days, I remember buying some of those little 1g bars for just under a tenner and selling them for about £15. I dont know which I regret most, not buying more gold or selling so much.

I think I saw this advert for the first time yesterday. Is it the one offering 5 US Gold coins for 500 GBP? They gave no details of what the coins actually were or what the weight of the gold was, and there was no website address to allow one a detailed look at the coins being offered. It looked like a con to me, although I did think about givin them a call to confirm my suspicions. Whether it's a sign or not, I don't know, but haven't there been similar adverts in the Sunday papers selling overpriced coins for years and years now?

Thats the one. Caught my attention because the voiceover guy seems to be the same one wanting to buy everyones gold!

Just saw an advert on sky news asking me to buy gold.

Usually only see Telly adverts asking me to sell it.

Is this a signal?

Seems a bit early to me. The legions of high street buyers still outnumber sellers massively. I have started selling a small amount and intend to sell a little more over the next year or two but I'll still have the bulk of my metal.

The good news is that you don't have to sell all at once so perhaps just start by selling a little and see how you feel after another few months?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/newsblog/2011/02/blog-some-good-reasons-to-buy-gold-32460.php

only £29.95!!!

I had a similar y\thing through the mail , an advert telling to invest in gold for only $60.

I worked out the gold value of the coin was around half the value of the outlay.

The add looks very Londonmint to me, they are a bunch of crooks selling junk and coins at twice the value. These tossers are the other side of the coin from the cash for gold shysters. Steer well clear.

Well, I'm thinking of selling mine - a load of jewellery I never wear. Much of it high carat from Mid. Eastern gold souks.

Hatton Garden Metals seems the best bet.

Mrs: if you don't need the money, why not swap if for sov's?

Thanks, yes, I did think of that.

Will still have to flog first, though. Don't like the idea of posting it off, but reports of Hatton Garden are v good.

Certainly pay a lot better than anyone else.

Thanks, yes, I did think of that.

Will still have to flog first, though. Don't like the idea of posting it off, but reports of Hatton Garden are v good.

Certainly pay a lot better than anyone else.

You can send it to HGM and ask them to send you payment in sovs and a cheque for the remaining balance. Although \i think there are probably better prices to be had in both buying and selling.

You can send it to HGM and ask them to send you payment in sovs and a cheque for the remaining balance. Although \i think there are probably better prices to be had in both buying and selling.

Thanks - is there a facility for this? From the website it would seem that they pay the money direct into your bank a/c.

Thanks - is there a facility for this? From the website it would seem that they pay the money direct into your bank a/c.

Phone them and ask, hell if they do pay into your account you can spend it right away on sovs from them, it just takes another step.