• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Oh the PS bashing thread has started again........Having only worked 11 hours today I am slacking.......yet am paid for 7.5 hours. I guess I am lucky to have a job? :rolleyes:

You are.

I would pay for your services willingly if I didnt have to pay twice.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA446
Guest The Relaxation Suite

Oh the PS bashing thread has started again........Having only worked 11 hours today I am slacking.......yet am paid for 7.5 hours. I guess I am lucky to have a job? :rolleyes:

Quite. I worked in the PS and I worked a demanding and thankless FT position which in today's money was 11k per year. I got 20 days holiday and an arsehole for a boss. The problem is that the media focus on the 0.1% of pigs at the top end of the trough who pay themselves half the total budget and do nothing all day long. As a consequence, Joe Shmo tars all the PS workers with the same brush.

HOLA447

No doubt it will be a series of one day strikes, with the workforce having to work harder on the other 4 days to make up the backlog.... seems the workforce will doing their bit to cut down the deficit, as they'll be forfeiting a days pay each time. Still, at least there's the hope of a sunny day or two... Crazy.

HOLA448

Quite. I worked in the PS and I worked a demanding and thankless FT position which in today's money was 11k per year. I got 20 days holiday and an arsehole for a boss. The problem is that the media focus on the 0.1% of pigs at the top end of the trough who pay themselves half the total budget and do nothing all day long. As a consequence, Joe Shmo tars all the PS workers with the same brush.

Well, why aren't the ps workers complaining about the extortionate rates of pay for shithheel management? I couldn't give a toss if all public sector work was ended tomorrow.

HOLA449

when taxes are £500 billion, spending on the public sector cannot be £650 billion.

simple maths.

its not just about cuts - these public sector jobs shouldnt even exist if they cant be paid for.

if 100,000 public sector jobs were created in 2009 and then 100,000 are cut in 2011 does that count as a cut?

a cut is only defined by the time frame you are measuring it by.

at the end of the day the budget is what it is.

it is the countries tax revenues that determines the amount of public workers that can be employed.

there is no magic number for the correct amount of public sector jobs. todays total public sector workforce numbers are not "the correct amount" and therefore should be met with resistance. if the jobs need to go, they need to go.

Edited by mfp123

HOLA4410

Did anyone see the ps guy on the beeb just now?

"I am a SENIOR MANAGER"

He was so entitled, the private sector needs to live up to his expectations because he's worth it. I bet you ten to none he has soft hands.

I wouldn't trust him to pour a decent pint.

Edited by Tonkers

HOLA4411

when taxes are £500 billion, spending on the public sector cannot be £650 billion.

simple maths.

Actually it can, it might cause a type of inflation if the Government just printed the difference, but frankly that is all it does for the bankers. Why print the difference for the bankers and not for the public sector , both are as bad as each other?

in practice neither bankers or public sector should be subsidised.

HOLA4412

Actually it can, it might cause a type of inflation if the Government just printed the difference, but frankly that is all it does for the bankers. Why print the difference for the bankers and not for the public sector , both are as bad as each other?

in practice neither bankers or public sector should be subsidised.

i dont mean its not possible :)

£650 billion spending with just £500billion tax revenue is in fact the situation the country is in right now. today.

when tax revenues are £500billion we should spend £500 billion

when they are £650billion we can spend £650billion.

the current number of public sector jobs over and above £500billion of spending have no right to exist.

Edited by mfp123

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

so we should support the strike...

of course, PS workers are ENTITLED to strike because their bosses, whom many hope to replace, earn more than they should, mismanage totally and are unsackable.

50% off all PS salaries above 25K, and the same above basic state pension should see a fast levelling of the playing field,

HOLA4415

No doubt it will be a series of one day strikes, with the workforce having to work harder on the other 4 days to make up the backlog.... seems the workforce will doing their bit to cut down the deficit, as they'll be forfeiting a days pay each time. Still, at least there's the hope of a sunny day or two... Crazy.

yeah, missing 3 diversity meetings is going to mean weeks of catchup

HOLA4416

of course, PS workers are ENTITLED to strike because their bosses, whom many hope to replace, earn more than they should, mismanage totally and are unsackable.

50% off all PS salaries above 25K, and the same above basic state pension should see a fast levelling of the playing field,

They dont take umbrage at the management because they aspire to open the same door of venality. They stink and I am happy to tar the staff with the same brush I aspire to use on their masters.

HOLA4417

Oh, woe! This may add to the processing times of parking tickets!

i think a lot of parking tickets are processed by private firms now.

so by the forums logic they are creating wealth, and not sucking the country dry.

HOLA4418

i think a lot of parking tickets are processed by private firms now.

so by the forums logic they are creating wealth, and not sucking the country dry.

wrong again....private firms sucking on the teet are as much of a drain as directs....

The problem with cuts in public sector spending is that every £ not spent, is a £ off the GDP.

shows what a lie they are telling, in that GDP is the thing they support, but it itself is a lie.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

50% off all PS salaries above 25300K, and the same above basic state pension should see a fast levelling of the playing field,

Fixed, the goodwill nature of the Public Sector will see it trickle down naturally

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4421

+1. Although I would make it 20k.

And maybe graduated - 70% off salary over 50k, 80% off salary over 100k.

HOLA4422

The role of the public sector is to provide services. Its role was perverted under the last govt and became a vehicle for creating jobs regardless of any benefit to society as a whole.

We need to get back to the thinking that we only pay for public sector jobs in order to provide services, not simply for the creation of (non)jobs.

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

OK - so the consesus seems to be that Public Service managers are work shy, inefficient and over paid.

Fair enough.

Who will be deciding where the cuts are made? Said Public Service managers. Doh!

So obviously these cuts will result in a lean mean public service machine? I think not.

If you govt couldn't be bothered investing the time to understand how these services actually function, and deciding where cust should be made, then all they will get is a slightly cheaper (although that's doubtfull), more inefficent top heavy public service.

Jobs for the boys, dole for the workers.

HOLA4425